Occasional, random reboots

Guest mamoulian

Guest mamoulian

My (stock, Visionary installed but not run) DesireHD seems to reboot itself occasionally, maybe every couple of days or overnight. Not when I'm using it. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's charging or not.

The only way I notice is that the SIM lockscreen is showing when I next look at it.

I have USB debugging on because it stops the /init process runaway bug (see other threads). Can't say I noticed a reboot when USB debugging was turned off, but then it seems a bit random anyway.

Anyone else get this?

Any suggestions as to what I can do to see what's causing it?

I mentioned it to HTC support and they suggested I get the handset replaced, but it didn't sound like a known issue so any replacement might do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingkeld
My (stock, Visionary installed but not run) DesireHD seems to reboot itself occasionally, maybe every couple of days or overnight. Not when I'm using it. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's charging or not.

The only way I notice is that the SIM lockscreen is showing when I next look at it.

I have USB debugging on because it stops the /init process runaway bug (see other threads). Can't say I noticed a reboot when USB debugging was turned off, but then it seems a bit random anyway.

Anyone else get this?

Any suggestions as to what I can do to see what's causing it?

I mentioned it to HTC support and they suggested I get the handset replaced, but it didn't sound like a known issue so any replacement might do the same.

I have experienced this since installing Paul's ROM (r1). I would love to find a fix for this. The phone does not vibrate at startup (the spontaneous reboot is completely silent) and I don't realize until I see the login screen.

You are not alone. I wonder what triggers this.