12 Sep Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rohit_baba

Thanks alot for letting me know.

I am new top this, i ditched Iphone 4 for HTC Desire HD as think its better device i hope it will work for me.

thanks for your help. It atleast make things clear for me now.

Hi,

After i will install this ROM, i will be able to remove that wavesecure app?

Thanks in advance,

N

Just make sure it isn't ticked before you click cook- I hate this app too ... can't stand demo stuff in a ROM

Kris

Hallo.

With the r2 ROM I couldn't find some apps (free and pay) in the market.

e.g.

PayPal 2.5

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...obile-jCAD.aspx

AW Skin: Black and White

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...hite-jppAj.aspx

With the stock ROM 1.72.405.3 they are available in the market.

Can someone confirm this?

Yeah, having the same issue.

Yeah, having the same issue.

If you read my previous posts - ALL apps in the market that are protected are not avaliable in the market .... This is one of the reasons i will not upgrade to r2 atm

Kris

If you read my previous posts - ALL apps in the market that are protected are not avaliable in the market .... This is one of the reasons i will not upgrade to r2 atm

Kris

What exactly does "protected" mean? Is it possible to look up somewhere what apps are protected?

What exactly does "protected" mean? Is it possible to look up somewhere what apps are protected?

Protected is basically androids way of saying ... the apps cannot be copied ... however they can be with a custom rom ... and therefore are subject to piracy

Manufactures ROMs are registered with Google and a finger print of the rom is sent to the market servers when it is accessed. If the ROM is an official one it allows all apps to be downloaded... else just the non-protected ones ... r1 was picked up as official ... and the fact that the protected apps are missing is the main reason i will not update to r2

Kris

I have seen alot of posts stating issues that have already been covered so will re-cap the issues with r2

-Locations premium navigation force closes

-Root force closes - there is a fix for this ... have a look through the posts

-Protected apps are missing from the market

let me know if i have missed any

Kris

Guest Joshua03

@i00

I confirm, the both apps I've posted before, are protected apps.

@svyat

With the app "AppMonster" (LINK) you can see, which apps are protected.

Edited by Joshua03

Guest mamoulian

What Radio are people using with r2?

I'm still using the original UK unbranded one - 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M - and am getting quite bad voice call quality and call drops.

Guest Ph4tBl0k3

Any idea how I can get a 5-column app drawer/launcher (both stock and sense)? I've seen talk of a modified Launcher2 which does this, but I'm loathe to use it, as the Launcher2 in this ROM is modified so that the phone icon launches the Sense dialler...

Any help, guys?

Guest mamoulian
Any idea how I can get a 5-column app drawer/launcher (both stock and sense)? I've seen talk of a modified Launcher2 which does this, but I'm loathe to use it, as the Launcher2 in this ROM is modified so that the phone icon launches the Sense dialler...

Any help, guys?

Download either ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro from the market.

Both will let you set the number of columns, and both will let you set the 'phone icon' to launch whatever app you like. The Sense Dialer app is called 'Phone', choose that if you want.

Guest PapaDocta

I'm still using the original UK unbranded one - 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M - and am getting quite bad voice call quality and call drops.

same here.. although i have updated to more recent radio but still voice call quality is really bad.. but no call drops

Guest PapaDocta

same here.. although i have updated to more recent radio but still voice call quality is really bad.. but no call drops

Guest PapaDocta

ok here is the fix for the protected apps in the market...

all you need to do is extracted the build.rar and take the build.prop and replace the one in the /system/ folder and when replacing don't forget to change permissions..

http://goo.gl/Gas2S

or you can use the zip file and flash it from the recovery

http://goo.gl/v7Lnu

cheers :lol:

Guest Ph4tBl0k3
Download either ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro from the market.

Both will let you set the number of columns, and both will let you set the 'phone icon' to launch whatever app you like. The Sense Dialer app is called 'Phone', choose that if you want.

I'm looking to get this option with the standard Sense and Android launchers. XDA Developers have a modified Launcher2 apk which does it, but as I mentioned, I'm hesitant to use it as the Launcher2 in this ROM is modified to get the phone button to launch the Sense dialler. Also, the stock Sense ROM that was on my DHD (it's a T-Mo UK phone) had 5 columns out of the box.

So I know it's possible without going to yet another launcher, I'm kinda hoping the changes make it to the MoDaCo ROM...

Guest Simon Amby

After I build a costom ROM, I no longer get the popup when i insert a USB cable to a PC. The USB cable works as I used it before the custom ROM. When I boot to recovery, im able to mount the SD card, and gain access to it thru Windows.

you get this notification icon on the top left when plugging in the cable, slide down the notification bar and select whatever it says about the usb connection (for charging, data device, donnow). There you can change the option.

Alternatively you can go to settings -> Conenct to PC -> tick "Ask me" or change "default connection type"

ok here is the fix for the protected apps in the market...

all you need to do is extracted the build.rar and take the build.prop and replace the one in the /system/ folder and when replacing don't forget to change permissions..

http://goo.gl/Gas2S

or you can use the zip file and flash it from the recovery

http://goo.gl/v7Lnu

cheers ;)

Where is this fix coming from? I'm a little bit concerned if its safe to install/flash it ;)

EDIT:

Tried it anyway (manual copy way) and I can confirm that this works. I can now see protected apps on the market.

Edited by svyat

Where is this fix coming from? I'm a little bit concerned if its safe to install/flash it ;)

EDIT:

Tried it anyway (manual copy way) and I can confirm that this works. I can now see protected apps on the market.

Its just a modified version of the build.prop file - basically a txt doc that holds the Rom build info

Guest PapaDocta
Where is this fix coming from? I'm a little bit concerned if its safe to install/flash it :D

EDIT:

sorry I didn't elaborate more about the fix..

well i just compared the build.prop from the r1 to the r2 and saw that the problem was caused by the signature key .. r1 uses release-keys while r2 uses debug-keys.. so I just modified the text where it says debug keys to release keys and all worked fine ;)

you can open both files.. the one in your device and the one i attached and see the difference.. use notepad to open them... or your favorite text editor

and this fix came from me .. i didn't download it from any other place ;)

Edited by PapaDocta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scoundrel

Hi,

I am going to bake my own rom which is fantastic by the way, however, can you advise me how to maintain the original splash screen?

I would like to keep the phone as original as possible while maintaining the performance tweaks and rooting.

How do I keep the original splash screen? Is there a download available of the animation itself, .bmp or .png?

Many thanks.