Nerds 2 You

Nerds 2 You

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 7 3G
  • Twitter:@Nerds2You
Has anyone tried this ROM with the new Desire HD from Telus? Did you have any issues?

i00

i00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
What file do we modify in the zip file if we wish to add custom APN settings to the database of predefined APN's?

Thanks
Kris

mikeyxb

mikeyxb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:t mobile pulse android
having problems with the rom i have rotted hbooted and clockwork modded installed rom from rom manager all went great then it was running really slow, apps quiting to hone screen without force close error and then it constantly rebooted to mdaco welcome screen so i reverted to my backup, anyone else have this problem ???

EDIT: i figured out that the version of clockwork mod that rom manager gave me was not very compatible so i found the one on here and fasbooted it because i could not flash my backup and now i flashed the backup and went back to this rom and will see how it goes

but thanks anyway

Edited by mikeyxb, 18 February 2011 - 03:10 PM.

i00

i00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
When you select Maps to be included in the build for the desire hd online kitchen it is not included in the build

Guy Davies

Guy Davies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Hi,

I'm a new convert to Android and I've rooted my DHD and cooked a ROM using the kitchen. Pretty much everything is great (thanks Paul :-) ). Just a couple of apps I've found so far don't function under the new ROM.

1. As others have commented, I can confirm that the Premium Navigation feature doesn't work. It FCs everytime as soon as you hit the Premium Navigation button.

2. Probably less widely used, the SFR Repondeur+ (visual voicemail) fails to authenticate. I've reverted to my old original ROM to ensure that it works OK with that again, and it does. The app starts OK and you get the welcome page with a load of text on it but as soon as you select one of the menu items that require the app to check your subscription, it sits with the rotating arrows and eventually times out with an error.

I would love to understand what's going on and be able to cook a new ROM that fixes both of those issues.

I left all the basic HTC stuff in except for Peep, Teeter, Flickr and Connected Media/DLNA. I'll have a hunt through the backup of the original ROM for SFR related stuff to see if anything pops up.

Rgds,

Guy

Nerds 2 You

Nerds 2 You

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
For anyone out there with a Telus Desire HD the ROM works perfectly (except premium nav as noted above) even the sound works which seemed to have been an issue with some other ROMS. The stock ROM used to downgrade to 1.32 had no sound but the MCR does.

Telek

Telek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC i620

For anyone out there with a Telus Desire HD the ROM works perfectly (except premium nav as noted above) even the sound works which seemed to have been an issue with some other ROMS. The stock ROM used to downgrade to 1.32 had no sound but the MCR does.

Can you please outline the steps that you used for this? I see many posts saying different things so I'm not sure exactly what I need to do. Which ROM did you use for downgrade and what ROM did you start out with?

Do you need ENG HBOOT / ClockworkMod / GoldCard / ENG-SOFF or various other tools?

Also what is "premium navigation"? Is that the google based nav that works with the stock rom?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Telek, 14 March 2011 - 05:54 AM.

Nerds 2 You

Nerds 2 You

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I downgraded using all the steps in the XDA forum, it takes some time and you WILL need a Gold Card.

You do need an ENG HBOOT in order to flash a new radio, the downgrade process flashes an older radio and you will need to flash the default Telus radio again as it is the latest version and is recommended for all DHD's

Premium navigation is the built in HTC Locations program, everything works in Locations except when you try to use the premium nav portion of it. (premium NAV is $5/month)

The sound from the Telus DHD and Inspire 4G will be very tinny when using any custom ROM not specifically designed for these two models, there is a fix for it on the XDA forums

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=972725

I used it and it made the in call audio perfect again.

Edited by Nerds 2 You, 14 March 2011 - 06:15 PM.

skinnypupp

skinnypupp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
By the way, the flashlight app is incorrectly called "torch" when using English - Canada. I doubt anyone outside the UK would ever call a flashlight a "torch" so you might want to fix that in the next release.

ipete

ipete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been through a long process of Downgrading / gold card / routing my Desire HD. I thought that installing a custom rom would be the easy bit.

I downloaded r3-update-modacocustomrom-ace-sense-unsigned.zip renamed it update.zip and placed the file on my SD Card in the phone.

Rebooted the device to into ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager and asked the phone to perform the update.

It completed the update but on rebooting back to the phone it got stuck in some sort of booting loop continually refreshing the Modaco boot logo. I left it that way for about 15mins before eventually taking the battery out.
After many minutes of sweating eventually I persuaded to phone to turn on and it did eventually find CWMod Recovery again where I was able to reinstall the backup that thankfully I made earlier.

So Where did I go wrong? Compared to the rest the instruction seemed so simple. :D

Phone info.
Andriod 2.2 Biuld 1.32.405.6 Software 1.32.405.6

Guy Davies

Guy Davies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've been through a long process of Downgrading / gold card / routing my Desire HD. I thought that installing a custom rom would be the easy bit.

I downloaded r3-update-modacocustomrom-ace-sense-unsigned.zip renamed it update.zip and placed the file on my SD Card in the phone.

Rebooted the device to into ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager and asked the phone to perform the update.

It completed the update but on rebooting back to the phone it got stuck in some sort of booting loop continually refreshing the Modaco boot logo. I left it that way for about 15mins before eventually taking the battery out.
After many minutes of sweating eventually I persuaded to phone to turn on and it did eventually find CWMod Recovery again where I was able to reinstall the backup that thankfully I made earlier.

So Where did I go wrong? Compared to the rest the instruction seemed so simple. :D

Phone info.
Andriod 2.2 Biuld 1.32.405.6 Software 1.32.405.6

Hi Pete,

Sounds similar to my first experience. Did you do a complete wipe of /data and cache before installing. That seems to be the trick for me. It's a pain to recreate your layout again, but all your apps will be automatically downloaded from the Android Market and, if you've got Titanium Backup, you can restore them along with all the settings, so that's not so bad.

Rgds,

Guy

christia-hero

christia-hero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:hero
hi,

if I cook me a ROM, is this ROM a 2.3.3?
or will it be updated from htc, if it is not a 2.3.3?

as a i cooked it for my htc hero I could not do a update. it caused an error.

greetings from germany,
christian.

jam26_2_69

jam26_2_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi friends i`m in iran
i`m english languge easy . please help me i`m righted this is massage via google translator .
beter in languge persian or arabic or turkey .

The Android software to help friends of two of the MODS folder, rebooted the system taskbar when I installed it I just did Gvshym up the white page and I'll go htc
What I do now?
There is no way to save on battery - the recovery time factor I reset to no avail.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Refreshed to Gr5 (Sense 3.0 release).

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Pedro Gamo

Pedro Gamo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Refreshed to Gr5 (Sense 3.0 release).

P

New Radio, but... do you recommend to change the RIL?

PakRatt

PakRatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Inspire 4G
How is this rom on the Inspire 4g? I'm downloading the rom now so I'll find out but just woundering how well the compadibility is.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I no longer have access to a Desire HD, so this ROM is no longer being updated.

The download and kitchens will continue to be available should anyone wish to use anything from the ROM - feel free to contact me via PM with any questions.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ropin

ropin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
if i install this rom will i be able to use the factory restore on the htc hd. im using the miui rom and i need to change the phone back to stock like it came out the box. any help please?

Dreaming Sheep

Dreaming Sheep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4
Hey Paul,

I'm not sure if it's jsut me, but I can't see the kitchen anymore.

I know you've stopped development on it, but I've been a fan of your ROM's for a while and need to sort out my Mrs phone. I've downloaded the base ROM you've made for now but don't even know what options are in it :(

Thanks as always and keep up the awesome work!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users