First installation - need help ;)

Guest Illux

Hey, I just registered on Modaco. I downloaded a Rom n flashed it, but now I m facing a screen saying ANDROID in gray letters that illuminate once in a while.

Is that normal? How long does the entire installation take?

Guest Asselberghs

Thats your default bootscreen m8:) first time after a rom installation boot can take a while, just let it be there for a while and it should get into your phone eventually.

Once your in and have run setup it´s a good idea to reboot your phone one time before installing apps, this clears up some space and then once your back you can start installing apps and enjoy the MoDaCo rom:)

Thats your default bootscreen m8:) first time after a rom installation boot can take a while, just let it be there for a while and it should get into your phone eventually.

Once your in and have run setup it´s a good idea to reboot your phone one time before installing apps, this clears up some space and then once your back you can start installing apps and enjoy the MoDaCo rom:)

I let it boot for like 30 minutes. Is that what u mean by a while?^^ Spose thats kinda long huh?

Guest Asselberghs
I let it boot for like 30 minutes. Is that what u mean by a while?^^ Spose thats kinda long huh?

Okay thats sick, danmm. No thats not supposed to happen. Did you wipe data and cache? if not maybe try again and do that?

Edited by Asselberghs

Okay thats sick, danmm. No thats not supposed to happen. Did you wipe data and cache? if not maybe try again and do that?

Yup - I tried both :/. Rly sick. Any idea? Yano I used the backupthing, disabled validation, flashed it n erythin works fine till I m tryin to start it.

Guest Asselberghs

Okay m8 I haven´t tried this I´ve just attempted to use google-fu to get ideas.

Install Android SDK and connect your phone to your PC.

Try and see if you can execute: adb logcat === ENTER

And then post a log or see if you can figure out what the problem is via the log that this command should bring to your PC via the ADB connection.

I don´t know if it will work, I haven´t used adb much but it might be worth a try.

Guest Asselberghs
I hv got Hboot 0.93 . Could that turn out to be the problem?

I don´t believe so not anymore, I have only ever herd of Hboot being a problem when you want to root, but you are rooted, and IIRC Unrevoked kan root any device now no matter hboot version. You diden´t manage to grab a log then I presume?

Guest Invisible Elf

That's odd man. I just installed my first custom ROM, MCR using the kitchen, and mine took about 5 minutes on that scree. I'm using HBOOT 0.80 though, AMOLED phone..

Guest Asselberghs
hm :/ I hv got no idea to be honest, I always end up here:

android320x480iu7.png

Do you think it would help to make my SD Card a Goldcard? Or any other stuff I might hv forgotten?

Nope goldcard is not needed when you root using unrevoked. As long as Unrevoked has said Done to you and you haven´t encountered errors, those are quite obvious if they appear. Then your rooting should be fine.

Maybe try another rom temporarily just to get it going, or rebake the MCR r9 maybe something wrong with the baking.

That's odd man. I just installed my first custom ROM, MCR using the kitchen, and mine took about 5 minutes on that scree. I'm using HBOOT 0.80 though, AMOLED phone..

Is your phone provider-locked?

I got an Amoled as well but mine is Hboot 0.93 :/ ... tht hella sucks. Just tried 2 install the standard custom R9 n I m facing the same problem :E.

Guest Invisible Elf
Is your phone provider-locked?

I got an Amoled as well but mine is Hboot 0.93 :/ ... tht hella sucks. Just tried 2 install the standard custom R9 n I m facing the same problem :E.

Nope mine isn't... No idea what might be wrong at your part except the hboot

Guest Asselberghs
Hey, I tried to find ADB but failed, how do I get to this log?

If I´m right install SDK, navigate to the folder where SDK now resides (using cmd/command promt) go to the subfolder tools this is where the adb program is.

Connect your phone and then run adb logcat.

Edited by Asselberghs

If I´m right install SDK, navigate to the folder where SDK now resides using cmd/command promt.

Connect your phone and then run adb logcat.

Ok finally I got the log. This is hella long. Which part do u want?

Guest Asselberghs
Ok finally I got the log. This is hella long. Which part do u want?

No idea, I am not sure what I´m looking for, I kinda hope somebody more knowledgable will come along heh, but I´ll still try to figure it out if I can.

Maybe you can use this and provide the link, just don´t use syntax highlightning http://pastebin.com/ so we can have a look at it all?

Its works...it works...finally...24 hours later.

I killed all sorts of partitions, flashstorages n stuff, rerooted it using the latest unrevoke version, rebaked the Rom (tho I m kinda sure this is was not the problem cuz 5 others roms didnt work as well B) ), flashed it the recommended way and now it seems to work...hope I m not to euphoric ^^.

Thx to the danish dude anyway :) I always knew scandinavia wz cool :)

Guest Asselberghs
Its works...it works...finally...24 hours later.

I killed all sorts of partitions, flashstorages n stuff, rerooted it using the latest unrevoke version, rebaked the Rom (tho I m kinda sure this is was not the problem cuz 5 others roms didnt work as well B) ), flashed it the recommended way and now it seems to work...hope I m not to euphoric ^^.

Thx to the danish dude anyway :) I always knew scandinavia wz cool :)

Glad it worked out in the end, Awsome:D enjoy MCR:D