Multitouch fix - BETA 2 verision

Guest noxwell

Just tested it with lastest froyo lead in liquid (not E).

- Can't read SD card after flash.

- Boot logo change.

- Multitouch have already improve.

Wait for your final release. Thanks!

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Just tested it with lastest froyo lead in liquid (not E).

- Can't read SD card after flash.

- Boot logo change.

- Multitouch have already improve.

Wait for your final release. Thanks!

I don't think you understand how this works. This is NOT, I repeat, NOT a fix for everyone to just download and flash onto their device. Instead, this fix is for integration with custom-built kernels.

The boot.img you downloaded is basically the boot.img of Xian LiquidF 1.2a into whose kernel the multitouch fix was integrated, so naturally there will be problems if you flashed it onto a ROM that isn't based on Xian LiquidF 1.2a.

@noxwell: you should probably put up a warning next to the link to the boot.img that says something like, "Warning: only flash this is if you are running Xian LiquidF 1.2a or a ROM based on Xian LiquidF 1.2a! If you flash this and are running a different ROM, you WILL experience problems!" to ward away posts like the above.

Guest xaueious

Touchscreen accepts two points. What noxwell is doing is changing the logic that detects where the fingers are because the hardware messes up the finger locations when the axis is crossed. With better touchscreens, I don't think this problem exists.

Personally I think this is a cool hack. But as long as I get the pinch to zoom, I don't really are much for the axis swap. It probably isn't too CPU intensive, but even the finger tracking means extra calculation cycles that I don't need the CPU to be calculating.

Edit: Or I might be wrong about this. Someone tell me.

Edited by xaueious

Guest habrahabr

Кстати, можно ли избежать эффект "слипания" пальцев? Когда пальцы находятся близко, но не на одном уровне, все тач-тестеры пишут, что они на одном уровне.

By the way, can i avoid effect of "gluing" fingers? When fingers are close to each other, but non on the one level, all of touch-testers show me that my fingers is on one level.

Guest seraph!!
I want to introduce you my TS fix (based on phh's). It's just ALPHA version. Here is a video (very-very bad quality). I don't know, is it really my fix working, or i've just learned, how to use phh's fix ;) And here is a driver. I don't upload full update.zip, because it is just alpha, but in a days i'll improve it and upload.

Updated: better quality video

Updated 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Ajwu6dhg4, and alpha 2 (or beta). Mboot.zip was tested ONLY on LiquidF v1.2a, and probably it doesn't work on other roms, or works incorrectly. Driver in attachment is alpha 1

cool!!!!so cool!!!!

Guest habrahabr
habrahabr, у меня не получалось, не на одном ROM-е... везде одинаково!

Нуу, я про что и говорю, может и это пофиксить можно? ;)

Guest noxwell

I'm sorry, very busy, i'm doing another project now, and I need to "cut" one day to finish the fix. MB on weekends, mb yesterday)

P.S. Я такой ленивый ;)

Edited by noxwell

Guest amperman
No, YOU use google translate and write in english.

There are rules on a forum, respect it.

i dont need translator to write and read english ;)

respect? whom? there? - no way..

Edited by amperman

Guest habrahabr
DiluTe,

translate.google.com мазафака.

мазафака никак не переведется, такого слова-то нет :P

noxwelle you are great ;)