Is this £10 per month t-mobile deal good?

Guest Broc

£10 per month, 12 month contract.

SIM only (to be used with a ZTE Blade)

600 minutes of calls

500 texts

unlimited data

Plus free booster (a choice of unlimited landline calls or unlimited texts)

This a 12 month contract that I've been offered. The free booster can be changed monthly to whichever I prefer.

The data she said was genuinely unlimited.

I told her I was worried it wouldn't work with my unlocked phone and she said she would cancel the contract if I couldn't get it to work - although whether I'd get that in writing, I kind of doubt.

But the deal, it seems ok, what do you think?

The giffgaff/02 thing isn't really working for me as my MMS won't work with my ZTE Blade, so I'm thinking of giving this a go. What do you think?

She says the offer is good until 9pm this evening, which may or may not be true, but I will take her at her word and try to make up my mind - with your help please. :-)

This is now two years old, but here's link which has a pdf of 3g coverage. T-mobile beats o2 by some margin.

And is it right that t-mobile calls/data now also uses the Orange network?

Guest JNBarnes
This is now two years old, but here's link which has a pdf of 3g coverage. T-mobile beats o2 by some margin.

And is it right that t-mobile calls/data now also uses the Orange network?

For calls yes, cant roam onto orange for data at the moment though, although i believe thats due next year.

BTW I think you are linkley to find that the data bundle comes with a 1GB fair use policy, so it isnt unlimited.

T-Mobile do do a 3GB option, but you only get that "included" if you buy an android smart phone.

Edited by JNBarnes

For calls yes, cant roam onto orange for data at the moment though, although i believe thats due next year.

BTW I think you are linkley to find that the data bundle comes with a 1GB fair use policy, so it isnt unlimited.

T-Mobile do do a 3GB option, but you only get that "included" if you buy an android smart phone.

Thanks for reply.

Since the phone call to tmobile, I've been into phone4u who wrongly said that the fair-use limit on tmobile was 500mb. I then went into a tmobile shop where the chap said it was 1GB - and should I reach the limit, data would be throttled for the rest of the month to allow browsing but not play video etc.

Having now had time to look at their prices, the deal the lady from the phone-sales team gave to me is the £15 contract for £10, allthough she claimed it was the £20 package. Also, when pressed, she insisted that it was truly unlimited - which clearly it isn't as the decent chap in the shop explained to me, but whether I'd need that much I've no idea.

Guest debs626

I'm a T-Mobile payg customer and have the Free unlimited* 6 month internet on my phone (runs out in December) I've only ever once gone over my "unlimited" 3GB allowance, I wasnt charged after that all that happened was at peek times I either couldnt connect or my connection was very slow (56k speeds)

My 6 months ends in december but is only another £20 for another 6 months "unlimited" 3GB per months.

I'm not sure if its the same process as contract deals but you are warned via txt and email that you have reached your monthly "unlimited" limit

Edited by debs626

Guest flyingscotno1
I'm a T-Mobile payg customer and have the Free unlimited* 6 month internet on my phone (runs out in December) I've only ever once gone over my "unlimited" 3GB allowance, I wasnt charged after that all that happened was at peek times I either couldnt connect or my connection was very slow (56k speeds)

My 6 months ends in december but is only another £20 for another 6 months "unlimited" 3GB per months.

I'm not sure if its the same process as contract deals but you are warned via txt and email that you have reached your monthly "unlimited" limit

I actually agree with T-Mobile in there 'unlimited' definition far more than other networks- if you go over you still get data so unlimited, but it is slow. That is fair enough to prevent misuse. Tesco, for example I believe charges you £4/MB if you go over the 'unlimited' 500MB which is a joke of a limit IMV.

I have signed up to the 600mins, 500texts, internet and flexible booster 12month tariff. Was £7.50 which is a steal but it is £10 now which is great value.

The 2G stuff 'roams' onto 'T-Mobile Orange' where there isn't a signal. Has happened to me last night, T-Mobile has patchy signal in that rural area, but it is O.K in the village, however decided to stay on using Orange.

When T-Mobile and Orange have their 2G merged and the two plus Three share 3G as MBNL, that will offer a very decent signal in most places.

Guest markusj

Man, I'd kill for these prices.

Robbery by daylight, your name is T-mobile Hungary.

I have to pay 6 GBP for 500 MB data, call and text not included (top-up card)

Guest kissofjudas

I'm led to believe web'n'walk is 1gb data usage but web'n'walk Plus is 3gb data usage

good deal, I was fortunate to get this deal recently when it was £7.50

Guest twatter

There seems to be some confusion over T-mobile prices, it seems they have changed and are as follows (unfortunately)

1..... Pay monthly plans which include internet on your phone on an Android phone

Internet on your phone Plus comes with a fair use policy of 3GB a month.

Pay Monthly Fair use policy

Notes :- Android is 3Gb, any other mobile is 1GByte

2..... Pay & Go........

This comes with a fair use policy of 1GByte a month

mobile payg boosters (i.e you pay 20 pounds for a booster for 6 months)

3..... If you purchase a T-mobile Pay & Go with free internet for 6 months - (debs626- This has changed from your plan)

This comes with a fair use policy of 500MBytes a month

pay-as-you-go -free-internet

Regards R