Did I brick my omnia? PLEASE help

Guest rick6677

Guest rick6677

I was flashing my omnia to a new custom rom yesterday and it said to have the cf03 rom before you upgraded to the new custom rom, so i did that. I followed the directions on like 4 websites, but yet it still bricked. It wont turn on and the power button wont light up either. Was it because i used windows 2000 to flash it? I dont know please help me I would appreciate it

Guest tractor101

Could very well be win2000 and a USB 1.0 port. You can only be sure it will work if you flash using 2.0 USB.

Don't know how to bring it back to life except try removing the battery..

Good luck

Guest robertjm

While it's probably not Windows 2000 specifically, as someone else pondered, what kind of USB ports do you have? Check the stats on your computer and see what it says. You CANNOT use USB 1.1.

The good news is you probably did not brick it, but rather just corrupted it. Charge the battery up to full power. Make sure your computer uses USB 2.0 and give it another whirl. Can't hurt at this point.

Good luck!!

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rick6677
While it's probably not Windows 2000 specifically, as someone else pondered, what kind of USB ports do you have? Check the stats on your computer and see what it says. You CANNOT use USB 1.1.

The good news is you probably did not brick it, but rather just corrupted it. Charge the battery up to full power. Make sure your computer uses USB 2.0 and give it another whirl. Can't hurt at this point.

Good luck!!

Robert

it also says MONOHANS when i plug into the computer