Data acting up on Steve's 1.2.0

Guest dairymasta

Guest dairymasta

Dunno why, but the past two days my data connection just hasn't been working, or working very very slowly. It says it's connected at H, but just says error contacting server, or HTTP connection refused by server. I've got the same APN as when I first flashed the firmware.

Haven't upgraded to 1.4.1 because have seen a lot of people experiencing problems with it.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Me too. I'm on o2. Running steves 1.2 (with old baseband). Thought it was just me. Tried running waze on a trip plus browser and got no connection. Tried a reboot & apn settings have been working fine.

Had this "error contacting server" loads this last few days, never seen it before at all thought it was something i'd done, but yes data really slowed down and then every so often goes really fast had mainly a 3g connection most of the time though, can't remember last time i saw H.

Edited by m4tt24

Guest Stephen Hyde
Had this "error contacting server" loads this last few days, never seen it before at all thought it was something i'd done, but yes data really slowed down and then every so often goes really fast had mainly a 3g connection most of the time though, can't remember last time i saw H.

maybe o2s network if its just on o2 devices

Guest adzman808

for what its worth this afternoon i tried maps whilst lost n although o2 data claimed to be connected it actually needed to be restarted to work (the data connection - not the phone)

I've also been having this issue since 1.2, and yes, I'm also on o2..

I upgraded to 1.4.1 yesterday and it's the same.

Gotta say everything else works great, even overclocked and it's sweet as pie.

I wonder if anyone else on o2 who is running 1.1.1, previous Steve build or official o2 build is experiencing anything like this?

If you've got the issue, you'll know you've got it!