309 recovery image

Guest fards

Guest kwenteen

Hello guyz,

I was wondering if this new recovery image was using a new version of fdiskcmd, maybe that would finally recognize bigger internal µSD ?

finally I would be able to factory reset my device... :)

Guest leinert1

I just fastbooted the 309 receovery image on a ATT locked streak that went through 1.6- O2 1.6- O2 2.1 then 2.2 via the "untouched 2.2 fastboot files". When I attempt to update I receive an error looking for the update file on the SD Card, but I see it there when I mount the SD Card as connected to my computer.

EDIT:

I reapplied clockworkmod recovery and reloaded the "untouched 2.2 fastboot files" to no avail. Now I get a black screen when I select to upgrade from SD Card.

Should there be another recovery file for the 2.2 files for:

Baseband- 1A130900-US

Build Number- 11548

Edited by leinert1

Guest ronj1986

Questions guys & gals,

I want to update my Pops Streak from Att 1.6 to Froyo 2.2. I went through alot of h3ll when I updated my Streak and don't remember all the steps. Can I just flash the 309 recovery img, then use Update.pkg method? I have the 315 & 318 Update packages saved on my pc. So is that a way I can do it? I tried the QDL tool, to no avail

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm new to the world of ROM flashing and fastbooting, but I have an idea how to safely do thats stuff.

I need help with specifics though, since my problem is technique it's just procedural order.

As of now, I'm running a Dell streak with o2 Android 2.1, build 8105 with a basband 21.

I want to upgrade to the official 2.2, so I rooted the 309 recovery.img and put the 318 pkg and called it update.pkg on my root sd.

However, haven't had luck since I'm getting a mismatch fota report. I tried just upgrading to the 309 update but it failed the same way too.

I must be missing a step, and I was hoping this forum could help me fill in the pieces.

Thanks

*** Never mind, I got it to work.

------------------------------------------------------------------

where should i put my recovery file?

this is the recovery from the 309_0_00 version released by dell last week.

It should allow easy way to fix the "black screen" and "stuck on logo"

flash this with fastboot, then run the update.pkg from the sdcard by dropping into recovery .

(next person that says bricked shouldn't get helped) :)

-----------------------------------------------------

May you please explain how to run the update.pkg from the sdcard by dropping into recovery

and where should i put my recovery file

and what are the commands that i have to use to make it work

thank you for your time

• 1 month later...

i tried to flash this recovery in fastboot. But its stuck on the text "Start writing RECOVERY" in fastboot on the phone.

In command terminal it says its finished!

Anyone have same problem? :lol: