Video playback - the N700's achilles heel?

While the N700 is pretty cool for a lot of stuff (browsing, nav etc.), it seems like video playback is really where it falls down.

I can't even get a pretty small DivX AVI file to play back smoothly... the built in player refuses to play it, RockPlayer is best of the rest.

Anyone else?

P

Guest fester61
While the N700 is pretty cool for a lot of stuff (browsing, nav etc.), it seems like video playback is really where it falls down.

I can't even get a pretty small DivX AVI file to play back smoothly... the built in player refuses to play it, RockPlayer is best of the rest.

Anyone else?

P

I get some interesting results with my rather jumbled collection of movies, everything including AVI, mpeg4, divx, xvid, DX50 in rockplayer starting a movie asks for hardware or software decoding.

Hardware decoding either results in a very small image centralised and not resizable or a message that the stock player cannot play the file.

Software decoding always works but can be slightly jerky. I've watched worse on the TV though

I have started a dialogue with Neil in linx support, to identify the ideal settings for videos to play back on the n700. I'll post what he suggests when I get his response.

• 2 months later...
Guest TehPriest
I get some interesting results with my rather jumbled collection of movies, everything including AVI, mpeg4, divx, xvid, DX50 in rockplayer starting a movie asks for hardware or software decoding.

Hardware decoding either results in a very small image centralised and not resizable or a message that the stock player cannot play the file.

Software decoding always works but can be slightly jerky. I've watched worse on the TV though

I have started a dialogue with Neil in linx support, to identify the ideal settings for videos to play back on the n700. I'll post what he suggests when I get his response.

Just get Yxplayer from the market. Problem solved