GT540GO 2.1?

Guest Karrtewn

Guest Karrtewn

Hey all, I've been waiting for the 2.1 update for a while now and everytime I go to update it says my phone is at the latest version (I'm still on 1.6).

I understand that the GT540GO has different firmware to the GT540, does this mean I cannot update to 2.1?

Also:

Will LG be updating the GT540GO to 2.1?

Can update using other software to 2.1 & how big are the risks?

If I do update using other software and something goes wrong, is my phone still covered or does it void it's warrenty?

many thanks.

Guest DingIsBack
Hey all, I've been waiting for the 2.1 update for a while now and everytime I go to update it says my phone is at the latest version (I'm still on 1.6).

I understand that the GT540GO has different firmware to the GT540, does this mean I cannot update to 2.1?

Also:

Will LG be updating the GT540GO to 2.1?

Can update using other software to 2.1 & how big are the risks?

If I do update using other software and something goes wrong, is my phone still covered or does it void it's warrenty?

many thanks.

your warranty would probably be screwed. I think only updates thru the Lg updater are covered. anything else is hacking and probably voids.

Have you updated the updater? My update only updated when the updater was updated (...aliteration is always alive...lmfao.)

Others will have answer your other Qs.

Guest prolificjones

I would love some info on this too...

I emailed LG and they replied saying that I had to wait for o2 to adopt the update. However, on their site I found a page saying that o2 had put forward an update and that it is not available to pay as you go handsets yet. Perhaps this is the reason for the 'GO' on the end of the model number... needless to say I wont hold my breath...

Edited by prolificjones

Mine was identified by the LG Update tool as a GT540GO on O2 and consequently said the latest version was V10A. So I did it the KDZ way anyway and now have the CPW V20B 2.1 on it.

Everything works as far as I know. Phone. Wifi. Accelerometer. GPS. Compass .. all fine.

Guest prolificjones

updated this weekend to the CPW v20B 2.1 and it works perfect. was a really slow at first, and had a few issues getting onto the o2 data network. got the settings from o2 and now its fine.

only bad thing is that I don't think the phones hardware can keep up with the software at times.... especially if you have all the live wallpapers running and stuff. didn't expect much from a budget hanset though, i'm still happy :P