StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

This ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace.

The update process is now very simple to do but it does require that you flash a new baseband

IF YOU ARE USING A REBELSIM AND DONT NEED WIFI TETHERING PLEASE STICK WITH V1.1.1 AS FLASHING THIS ROM WITHOUT BASEBAND WOULD CAUSE FLASHING LEDS SYNDROME - AND REBEL SIM CANT WORK WITH NEW BASEBAND AS YET

We now have a nice new website blog for streakdroid - check it out and help me populate the wiki with faqs and get in the forums B) sites @ http://www.streakdroid.com

Most Recent Version: v1.4.6

Known Issues:

Accelerometer is dodgy at times but i cant pin down the issue - usually going into settings > display and toggling auto rotate on and off fixes

Notificaions still has issues, this can be bypassed by setting device to silent and setting ringtone then turning ringer back on

-----------------

Changelogs

-----------------

UPDATE 25/11/2010

Version 1.4.6 AKA Swappable Goodness

Fixed USB Tethering

Reverted Market App due to force Closes

Removed Check for Rear Panel Placement(Device WILL run with no panel in place - also see Note 2)

Added Fards Data Tweaks(see Note 1 below)

Removed 128Mhz Clock speed due to reports of crashes

Reenabled 1.19 ghz clock

UPDATE 23/11/2010

Version 1.4.5 AKA 'Superloud MOFO edition'

Contains all fixes from 1.4.2

Kernel slightly reworked and added BFQ i/o scheduler in place of the default CFQ

Volume Boost added also, noticably louder on all outputs.

Added init service to create a few symlinks that are nice to have (grep/cp/free/sysctl)

for those of you wanting a vanilla build their is a file called removeapps.sh in /system/etc that will remove all extra apps except adw - run as root

Fixed Factory Reset issue, YOU CAN now factory reset as needed on this build (no more requiring 1.1.1)

UPDATE 22/11/2010

Version 1.4.2 - Incremental update

Fixed Calender Blank Screen

Added in newest Google apps(incl youtube)

Download here: http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/update-1.4.2.zip

UPDATE 20/11/2010

Version 1.4.1

New CUSTOM BUILT Kernel WITH OVERCLOCKING SUPPORT

BFS I/O Scheduler added

Interactive CPUFreq Sceduler added to help cpu scaling better

overclock to maximum of 1.19Ghz supported - your device may not support this speed if you get lockups or freezes drop a clock speed)

underclock to 128mhz enabled - possible battery save

setcpu is required for over/under clocking (its available on market or free on xda devs)

FC on settings fixed

UPDATE 15/11/2010

Version 1.3.0

Ported over A LOT of framework changes from leaked dell 2.2 build.

Front Camera Working in cam and camcorder apps (press menu to swap between)

Performance edits

Deskclock app now autolaunches on connecting to av dock.

some accell and gfx libs from dell build ported over also, may fix hdmi output as a side effect :)

------------------

Note 1:

Fards tweaks are automaticly enabled on first boot, to make sure they apply simply reboot your streak after first boot has completed. if you notice problems with data after this create a BLANK file in /system/etc called use.empty.prop and reboot and the edits will be disabled after a further restart.

Note 2:

although this change *SHOULD* allow hotswaping the memory card you should ALWAYS unmount the card in settings > memory first before swapping or android may get a little upset

---------------------

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code] [b]Please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful ;) - any amount is appreciated [/b] GBP Donate | USD Donate ------------------- [b]Required Files[/b] ------------------- http://build.streakdroid.com/update-1.4.6.zip http://build.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn [b]if you have NOT already flashed the dell 2.2 pkg or my 720p fix you need this to fix 720p video - otherwise ignore[/b] http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/dsp1.mbn flash this using the fastboot command fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn ------------------- [b]Other Requirements[/b] ------------------- Some Common Sense Pinch of Good Luck Patience Ability to read and follow instructions Fastboot Setup and Working ClockworkMod Recovery Flashed and working ------------------- [b]Level Of Difficulty[/b] ------------------- 8/10 - Easy level, should be simple enough for 99% of users to complete ------------------- [b]How-To[/b] ------------- 1. Copy the update zip to your memory card first [b]Steps 2-4 are only needed if you are coming from a build OLDER than 1.2[/b] 2. Power down your streak and boot into fastboot do this by pressing power until the keypad lights come on then HOLD camera until you get to a white screen, then tap on the fastboot text in top right corner, 3. Connect your streak to pc - the text on streak should change to FASTBOOT_MODE. you should place the amss.mbn file into the same folder as fastboot on your pc run the following commands from command prompt on your pc Windows:
[code]fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
Linux
fastboot flash amss amss.mbn
4. Type the following commands to reboot your streak - again alow it to boot into the main ui - you will lose network connection for the moment, this is fine, also streak WILL reboot twice before booting, again this is normal Windows:
fastboot -i 0x413c reboot
Linux
fastboot reboot

5. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

6. Flash the 1.4.5 update zip

7. reboot

This can be rooted using universal androot but could take 2 attempts

Thanks to:

Vinokirk for helping diagnose and sort out 2.1 baseband ril support and gps

Andycap & fards for providing modified Gps.conf

homeiss forthe excellent upgrade/downgrade guide

everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.

everyone else who helped/is helping

hopefully thats everything :)

any issues theirs me and a few of my tech head irc helpers keeping an eye on the posts. or just jump in the irc channel #dellstreak on freenode for help.

also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful ;) - any amount is appreciated

GBP Donate | USD Donate

Edited by Stephen Hyde

in case anyones confused by that lot :)

If you're already on stock 2.2 all that is needed is to flash clockwork recovery and run the update.zip

should be no need to factory reset or even dance widdershins naked *** around a standing stone...

unless you video it and stick it on youtube B)

Edited by fards

Guest OmegaStalker

Does this have a fix for the weak wifi issue?

and on a unrelated note my phone will not vibrate when a message comes through and ive tried every setting, but it vibrates fine for calls...

Guest Stephen Hyde
Does this have a fix for the weak wifi issue?

and on a unrelated note my phone will not vibrate when a message comes through and ive tried every setting, but it vibrates fine for calls...

im still investigating wifi,

check that vibrate is enabled in messaging settings

Guest bhull521

If you're already on stock 2.2 all that is needed is to flash clockwork recovery and run the update.zip

should be no need to factory reset or even dance widdershins naked *** around a standing stone...

:)

Guest OmegaStalker
im still investigating wifi,

check that vibrate is enabled in messaging settings

lol you were right was in that option box... i feel like a right noob

Guest synaptic.flaws

I have no idea what a widdershins is but if I was ever going to do it, neekid would be the only way!

Guest Paul Brown

Loving these 2.2 builds, they're awesome. Only problem i can see on my device is that i can't get HSDPA anymore, only 3G, Edge and GPRS.

Is this a common problem? I'm using the normal PAYG O2 APN's.

Guest banterbay
Sorry, confused here....If I'm on 1.4.2 do I have to flash the baseband???

Dj Steve instruction on How to install reads:

-------------------

How-To

-------------

1. Copy the update zip to your memory card first

Steps 2-4 are only needed if you are coming from a build OLDER than 1.2

Which means you are not required to flash baseband if you are to 1.4.2 to flash 1.4.5

@Paul Brown - LOL...I was working on it today....DJ thinks it's just an icon problem.... can't figure it out... but he said it was an "easy fix"....

Edited by NoDoze

Dj Steve instruction on How to install reads:

-------------------

How-To

-------------

1. Copy the update zip to your memory card first

Steps 2-4 are only needed if you are coming from a build OLDER than 1.2

Which means you are not required to flash baseband if you are to 1.4.2 to flash 1.4.5

...but the second sentance from the top says...

The update process is now very simple to do but it does require that you flash a new baseband

Guest banterbay
...but the second sentance from the top says...

Yes you are very right. I was on 1.4.2 now upgraded to 1.4.5 by copying zip file on the sdcard and install using CWR. No flashing of baseband again. Works flawlessly.

Thank u Dj Steve.

I've already told Steve how to get the H icon up, but in his kernel building superloudmofo frenzy I think he forgot .. (its the speed of his build engine, its generating space/time distortions)

edit build.prop

insert the following line somewhere

ro.build.FEATURE_HSPA_DATA_ICON=1

reboot

[sarcasm]and enjoy the instant speed boost that H icon brings [/sarcasm] B)

EDIT

scratch that its already in there...

Edited by fards