S-OFF on SLCD Nexus One with bootloader 0.35

Guest Alxxx

I am trying to find information about getting S-OFF for the Nexus One, since i followed a tutorial posted in a Nexus forum, but actually was ment for desire, as a result i have a red trackball the whole time.

Any attempt to flash the misc partition resulted in failure due security check.

Any help is appreciated

Guest crawler9

I don't think anyone has managed to get S-OFF on the N1. I doubt anyone is pursuing this though because it wouldn't allow anything on the Nexus One that we can't already do except for relocking the bootloader

Guest iserlohn
I don't think anyone has managed to get S-OFF on the N1. I doubt anyone is pursuing this though because it wouldn't allow anything on the Nexus One that we can't already do except for relocking the bootloader

Are we able to define custom partition sizes on the MTD via a unlocked bootloader? I'm looking for details on how to do that on the N1.

Guest RunTimeWorld
Are we able to define custom partition sizes on the MTD via a unlocked bootloader? I'm looking for details on how to do that on the N1.

Similar here, and YES, you CAN do much more with S-OFF. Because regardless of signature or not, there are protected storage areas that one would have to find according to the file descriptors and hash tables.

I have an Engineer SPL I'd love to implement, so that i can fastboot flash any .img without permission problems.

Does anybody have a good source about the layer under the SVC calls? Talkin about detailed description of proces handling, threading, mutex n stuff like that.. just the tech basics to get up running...

Guest RunTimeWorld

Can you flash any hboot version up and down on amoled?

Guest crawler9
Can you flash any hboot version up and down on amoled?

As far as I know, there are 2 versions of hboot for the Nexus One. 0.35.0017 and 0.33.0012. 0.33 can be flashed over 0.35 by following the directions in this thread. I've tested this so I can vouch that it works, however it should NOT be attempted on an SLCD version or you will end up with a blank screen as the old hboot doesn't support the new screen type.