20 replies to this topic

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Devices:TMobile G2
I tthought i would start this thread. Although I'm afraid i will be supplying rather more problems than solutions.

Firstly, I have a problem with wifi, it regularly loses connection and i have to reconnect.

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Devices:TMobile G2
Well, I think it my wifi issue was simply down to how i was holding it. The wifi antenna seems to be just next to the power button, and if covered this reduces the signal.

5c00ter

5c00ter

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@5c00ter
Funny, I've got an interesting scenario:

2 Wifi hot-spots provided by the following kit, one is a 2wire BT Business Hub and the other is a Belkin N1 wireless router.

1. The 2wire BT Business hub is configured with modem to provide the broadband connection and Wifi is using WPA/WPA2 @54MB channel 1
2. Belkin is configured as an access point, using WPA/WPA2 (exactly same as 2wire) @54MB channel 11

The weird thing is, I can connect to the Belkin hotspot without any issues, however I cannot connect to the 2wire hotspot.

I've seen this issue before with certain wireless chipsets and wifi drivers not playing with certain branded modem routers/APs under linux/ubuntu.

Any clues?

Edited by 5c00ter, 24 November 2010 - 10:09 AM.

ed.dark

ed.dark

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Funny, I've got an interesting scenario:

2 Wifi hot-spots provided by the following kit, one is a 2wire BT Business Hub and the other is a Belkin N1 wireless router.

1. The 2wire BT Business hub is configured with modem to provide the broadband connection and Wifi is using WPA/WPA2 @54MB channel 1
2. Belkin is configured as an access point, using WPA/WPA2 (exactly same as 2wire) @54MB channel 11

The weird thing is, I can connect to the Belkin hotspot without any issues, however I cannot connect to the 2wire hotspot.

I've seen this issue before with certain wireless chipsets and wifi drivers not playing with certain branded modem routers/APs under linux/ubuntu.

Any clues?

I had this problem with a Vista Laptop. Try updating the routers firmware..

5c00ter

5c00ter

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Unfortunately the router is already at the latest which is: 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm

Googling brings up a few hits:
http://www.google.co...oid wifi issues

hullmackem

hullmackem

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Unfortunately the router is already at the latest which is: 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm

Googling brings up a few hits:
http://www.google.co...oid wifi issues

tried changing the wifi channel ?

5c00ter

5c00ter

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Yep, afraid so. Also tried different channel regulation settings on the vega under advance wifi settings (11,13,14)

5c00ter

5c00ter

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Ok some good news.

I rebooted the vega after changing "Regulatory Domains" to 13 and now it connects to my 2wire BT Business hub wifi hotspot.

For the record, when I first went into this screen, none of the channel settings where selected all were greyed out. Now when I visit this screen, channel 13 is active (green)

I don't think this is a fluke as I've been repeatedly trying for the last 24hrs (almost) since receiving the unit.

I hope this helps any body else who maybe experience similar difficulties.

captainsensible

captainsensible

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Where is the 'Regulatory Domains' screen??????

obb

obb

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid (LCR 1.8)
Just as a side note on Wifi I have always used channel 6 for everything as this is the most stbale wifi frequency to use ...

rockrat

rockrat

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
can anybody tell me if they have got the vega to connect to the internet via an iphone tethering, either by bluetooth or cable, becuase i cant get either to work.
i have had this thing for 4 days now and still havent got onto the bloomin' internet

terdbin

terdbin

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

can anybody tell me if they have got the vega to connect to the internet via an iphone tethering, either by bluetooth or cable, becuase i cant get either to work.
i have had this thing for 4 days now and still havent got onto the bloomin' internet

Jaikbreak your iphone and install mywi

rockrat

rockrat

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Jaikbreak your iphone and install mywi

cant i am afraid as its a company phone...this is supposed to be what it can do. i have tethering setup..in fact using it now on my laptop...but i want it on the vega

please help...can somebody try for me

SilentMobius

SilentMobius

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ASUS Transformer
  • Twitter:@SilentMobius

By default Android has no bluetooth profile not generic USB driver for network-access-providing devices.

Jon_Vega

Jon_Vega

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Vega, Chinese Import 7"

Ok some good news.

I rebooted the vega after changing "Regulatory Domains" to 13 and now it connects to my 2wire BT Business hub wifi hotspot.

For the record, when I first went into this screen, none of the channel settings where selected all were greyed out. Now when I visit this screen, channel 13 is active (green)

I don't think this is a fluke as I've been repeatedly trying for the last 24hrs (almost) since receiving the unit.

I hope this helps any body else who maybe experience similar difficulties.

5c00ter, I tried your approach, did not work for me, it just gets to the Obtaining IP Address message and then disconnects. I have tried a static IP which connects, but does not allow me Internet access, suggesting it has not really connecte properly.

Any ideas?

tonyyeb

tonyyeb

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, iPad
  • Twitter:@tonyyeb
Those having wifi issues might want to try what I've been through. Firstly mine was working fine with the stock firmware (out-of-the-box). Then went to 1.04 and r2 with performance pack. It wasn't connecting to my wifi router but did to my HTC Desire with tethering enabled. I updated the firmware of my router and then it started working fine. Then this morning it stopped. After using wifi analyzer on my Desire I found the router was on Channel 13 (auto). I forced it to use 12 and now it connects every time. Also I changed the Regulatory Domains to 13 in the Wifi advanced settings.

Vega Battery For Sale: eBay
Vega Power Supply For Sale: eBay

SilentMobius

SilentMobius

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Anyone getting the touch point "sticking" E.G. when using the Keyboard it activates a long-press ranter than a tap?

I've just been testing mine with the multi-touch test app and can see see that sometimes it seems to skip the touch-off event leaving the touch point just sitting there until I tap somewhere else. I'm hoping this is a driver glitch and not hardware.

So anyone else getting the occasional long press when you're sure you only tapped?

obb

obb

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid (LCR 1.8)

Anyone getting the touch point "sticking" E.G. when using the Keyboard it activates a long-press ranter than a tap?

I've just been testing mine with the multi-touch test app and can see see that sometimes it seems to skip the touch-off event leaving the touch point just sitting there until I tap somewhere else. I'm hoping this is a driver glitch and not hardware.

So anyone else getting the occasional long press when you're sure you only tapped?

That does occasionaly happen yes ... not a biggie though ...

I have also noticed the screen is pretty sensitive , I can actually hover a finger over screen where it is almost touching and it still works ... I think thats just warm hands though!

tonyyeb

tonyyeb

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, iPad
  • Twitter:@tonyyeb

I have also noticed the screen is pretty sensitive , I can actually hover a finger over screen where it is almost touching and it still works ... I think thats just warm hands though!

I agree, this is my experience of it too. Can be a tad frustrating but I find that with my phone too!

Vega Battery For Sale: eBay
Vega Power Supply For Sale: eBay

SilentMobius

SilentMobius

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

No biggie in general, but it can make entering passwords _really_ annoying, especially without a dpad to move the text cursor. I've had "del" stick a few times and wipe out the whole line I was typing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users