41 replies to this topic

dagrim1

dagrim1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, PoV Mobii 10"

I might pick up a Archos 7 as a geek distraction until some mid range second generation tabs come along.

Had a hands on with the Vega and inspite of the lovely future proof tegra it feels like its held back by its screen. And the archos 101 looks lovely except its lacking in memory and future proofing. Hope the two tablets have a child and make something like im wishing for.

Tough choice, but with regards to future possibilities I went with the Vega as well... The tegra dualcore and 512mb ram made it the one for me. Didn't compare it in reallife with the archos, but I have not regretted it yet.

I agree the screen is so-so, viewing angles aren't that great and could be sharper. Then again, I'm used to a galaxy s which is 800x480 @ 4" versus the vega which is 1024x600 @ 10" so it's not strange that it isn't as sharp.

But responsiveness is great, wifi and bluetooth working just fine here and about the storage. Well, I do agree that the default 512MB is very small but sd cards are pretty cheap so you can get 16GB for like $30 which is more then enough.

You have to be able to tweak and mod a bit with the vega (in order to get the market for example, or pauls mod on it) but the same goes for the archos (you still need the market4archos apk or something). It's decent but limited by default but the possibilities are just great.

chuck677

chuck677

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
What about aesthetics and looks? And the way the screen flows into the bezel on the advent whereas on the archos there appears to be an edge between the screen and the case?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users