Getting the Vega, International Style

Guest cybik

Hey guys.

I'm living in one of the last Great Britain territories outside the UK, namely Quebec (yeah, we didn't sign some papers, so technically we're still subjects of Her Majesty B)), and I am currently so jealous you guys have access to the Vega that I could burst - though I do burst into song oftentimes, but that isn't relevant...

So my question is, simply, this: is there someone who'd be willing to buy one for me and ship it overseas?

Irrelevant but funny

Captcha: TOY XMAS

----------------

following redmongoose's initiative, if this thread breaks any rules, please obliterate it with the strongest click you can do.

Edited by cybik

Guest redmongoose

I may be willing to offer an overseas service.

PM sent

----------------

Mods please delete if this is inappropriate and goes against the direct selling on the forum. I m not looking to break the rules

Edited by redmongoose

Guest rvdgeer

I'm thinking about getting an Advent Vega, but not sure yet...

:P

While I make up my mind, I would like to sort out the possibilities for shipping one over here (The Netherlands)...

Probably I need the help of one of you :D

At first for some info, later on for buying me one and shipping it here...

Can anyone tell me what it would cost to package and send a box of this size in a safe way to The Netherlands?

What shipping method would you recommend?

Guest swarrans
Can anyone tell me what it would cost to package and send a box of this size in a safe way to The Netherlands?

Lots of different options, but the cost would be about £25 I think

Guest marmankites

We use Parcel Force and Fed-X at work, not sure about outside the EU but can easily ship to Spain/Netherlands/Portgual for £20-30 on a trackable signed for service

Guest rvdgeer
Lots of different options, but the cost would be about £25 I think

We use Parcel Force and Fed-X at work, not sure about outside the EU but can easily ship to Spain/Netherlands/Portgual for £20-30 on a trackable signed for service

Thank you both for your answers...

I think I would go for a trackable, signed for service and £20-30 doesn't sound that bad...

Still in doubt if I should go for it or not...

Main reasons:

- Will it be offered in the Netherlands any time soon?

- Will the price drop (even more :P ) any time soon?

- Will there be an even better tablet (3G, GPS, compass, etc.) available any time soon?

Hmmm...

Guest Bonuman

Need to get this to the Netherlands! Who can help? I can pay via Paypal or bank wire. I would like to use a middleman for the payment, someone who's been on this forum for a long time and has a lot of posts.

Maybe a mod is willing to do that? I'm sure I'm not the only one in need of this.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to sound like the 'first poster me three!' type, but if anyone is willing and able to send to The Netherlands please contact me by PM. I'll pay you in advance by Paypal for all costs involved ;)

Guest warriorscot

Wouldn't it be easier for you to track down a Mobii or even an Adam at this point, it was different last year when they were just out but its easier to get them or alternatives now.

Guest Touch Graphite
Thank you both for your answers...

I think I would go for a trackable, signed for service and £20-30 doesn't sound that bad...

Still in doubt if I should go for it or not...

Main reasons:

- Will it be offered in the Netherlands any time soon?

- Will the price drop (even more ;) ) any time soon?

- Will there be an even better tablet (3G, GPS, compass, etc.) available any time soon?

Hmmm...

Id be happy to sort this out for you, mainly because of your already existing traffic on this website makes you trustworthy.

Why get a vega though if you got a POV!?

And the current arguments for getting a vega unlike any other advice is the all out support for it. What other device has market on it and just about every error covered!?

Plus, with the posts you know about this device, getting another one would be like starting again.

The question is, will you see this sort of hardware spec and software support for the next few months!? Doubt it.

@warriorscot: I agree, but the Vega is still the cheapest of the bunch, and has the features i need ;)

@Touch Graphite: rvdgeer has one already i think. I resurrected an old post, sorry for that. (i preferred to create a new thread instead of clutter up Pauls forums.)

Guest GemPatsu
I'm thinking about getting an Advent Vega, but not sure yet...

;)

While I make up my mind, I would like to sort out the possibilities for shipping one over here (The Netherlands)...

Probably I need the help of one of you ;)

At first for some info, later on for buying me one and shipping it here...

In the Netherlands you can just buy a "point of view Mobii Tegra" which is hardware wise 100% the same device. I bought mine in Germany and I´m running the advent rom with Pauls MCR r6 + pp. And as "point of view" is Company from the Netherlands you should get it there easyly :D .

In the Netherlands you can just buy a "point of view Mobii Tegra" which is hardware wise 100% the same device. I bought mine in Germany and I´m running the advent rom with Pauls MCR r6 + pp. And as "point of view" is Company from the Netherlands you should get it there easyly ;) .

Can you confirm they are exactly the same? The POV Mobii does not list BlueTooth on the POV webpage and is about 50 euros more expensive than the Advent Vega.

Here's a price comparison for the POV: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/271149/poin...tablet-102.html pricing in the Netherlands.

Guest thedicemaster

the vega and tegra are both the same tablet(P10AN01) with 3 differences:

different pre-installed rom

different logo on the back of the tablet

PoV version has a silver border like the iphone4, and i think the vega has a black one.

EDIT: forgot 1:

PoV version also comes with a sleeve.

Edited by thedicemaster

Can you confirm they are exactly the same? The POV Mobii does not list BlueTooth on the POV webpage and is about 50 euros more expensive than the Advent Vega.

Here's a price comparison for the POV: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/271149/poin...tablet-102.html pricing in the Netherlands.

I'ts exactlly the same device. Here in spain they sell both but POV is 30 euros more expensive than vega. I wonder why.

Got the Pov one and I can confirm it has BlueTooth.

I'm on advent vega 1.06 ROm and modaco pack on a mobii device and works really well. ;)

Edited by Melted

I wouldn't pay more for a device that is exactly the same, but is missing product features on the website. Feels a bit sloppy, even if they are all OEM'ing the stuff from Shuttle but hey, i'm a Dutch cheapskate ;)

Good news though, i managed to convince a co-worker of its magical powers, so i'm sorted for now!

Edited by Asure

Guest expat2000

From the Netherlands or Spain it may be easier to hop on a Ryanair flight to Stansted and pick one up from the duty free Dixons.

Got mine from there it was £212, day trip on Ryanair can be cheap, <£20 if you time it right. I am pretty sure you can reserve one in the Dixons store beforehand to make sure they have one. They have a direct dial number somewhere on the web.

Stuart

Guest behnaam

I'm currently owning a Swedish webshop selling the POV Mobii Tegra (www.droidpads.se). 3G POV Mobii Tegra will be in 7/2 according to my sales rep. at POV. My main market is Sweden, but I wouldn't mind helping a few peeps out if they want it outside of the UK ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest jorgar72

Hello.

In Spain you can buy the Advent Vega tablet in PC City. You can buy online or go to your close shop.

3 weeks ago I bought one. You have 14 days to return the tablet and take your money.