ZTE Blade comes to Germany

Guest Mellerle

ZTE Blade aka Base Lutea will be available from 1 December at Base.

http://blog.base.de/base-lutea/

Sounds like the Japanese Version with 5MP camera and LED flash. Hopefully we will get Froyo on this Blade.

Price is 14€/month as 2year pay monthly contract.

14€ *24 =336€ for phone and 3G flatrate.

ZTE said no froyo for Europe for some reason, but fingers crossed!

Guest Freekers
No.

Too bad, I live very close to the German border. However, I heard that also with pay as you go mobiles, you have to register them to your house address wich has to be a German address and also you need to be a citizen of Germany to buy one (have a german passport).

Guest hero protagonist
I heard that also with pay as you go mobiles, you have to register them to your house address wich has to be a German address and also you need to be a citizen of Germany to buy one (have a german passport).

Nope that's not true. However German law requires that the authorities have a valid contact associated with every phone number. So you need to provide some form of offical id (e.g. a European passport) when you buy a sim card (or a payg contract which includes a sim)

Guest oh!dougal

Sounds like the Japanese Version with 5MP camera and LED flash. Hopefully we will get Froyo on this Blade.

That blog does mention an LED Flash.

But the linked Press Release doesn't.

And the pic on the Japanese website didn't seem to show a flash ...

Hmmmm.

And the Press Release also seems to mention 32gb SD card support ... hmmmm.

Wait and see what's in the box, folks!

However, with ever wider distribution of the thing, it must be that spare batteries, cases, and stuff will become available.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest IPB_Refugee

If I understand it correctly, you will have to take a 2-year contract. (In German: "Mobilfunkvertrag im Tarif „Mein BASE“, 24 Monate Mindestlaufzeit." Source: firmenpresse.de/pressinfo303290.html )

That means: 24x14€ = 336€

Surely not interesting for people outside Germany (like me).

Besides: It is not clear, if the Lutea has an OLED or a TFT screen. And there is more:

"Die Zusatzdienstleistung erlaubt nur das Surfen mit einem UMTS- bzw. GPRS-fähigem Mobiltelefon ohne angeschlossenen Computer. Nicht für WLAN nutzbar. Die Nutzung von Voice over IP ist ausgeschlossen."

That means: Tethering and Voice over IP are not allowed.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

EDIT: According to a BASE employee, the Lutea has 300MB RAM and indeed a LCD screen. (Found this information in a different forum.)

Edited by IPB_Refugee

Guest createdinChina
Too bad, I live very close to the German border. However, I heard that also with pay as you go mobiles, you have to register them to your house address wich has to be a German address and also you need to be a citizen of Germany to buy one (have a german passport).

hope so!!!! i will hire a purchasing agent and have it mailed to china.......regret to say blade is made by an chinese co.。。。。zte

Guest IPB_Refugee

The camera doesn't have a flash. That has already been corrected in Base's blog.

Price is 14€/month as 2year pay monthly contract.

14€ *24 =336€ for phone and 3G flatrate.

i can't read the German...and i from China...

BASE_Kathrin

25 Nov, 2010

@Johannes, Deine Fragen beantworten wir gern:

1, zum Verkaufsstart im Dezember wird das angepasst sein

2, es basiert tatsächlich auf dem ZTE Blade, ist jedoch mit einer hochauflösenderen 5 Megapixel Kamera bestückt.

3, Android Version 2.1

4, dazu informieren wir zum Verkaufsstart

Guest hero protagonist
i can't read the German...and i from China...

BASE_Kathrin

25 Nov, 2010

@Johannes, Deine Fragen beantworten wir gern:

--here are the answers to your questions

1, zum Verkaufsstart im Dezember wird das angepasst sein

-- that will be corrected corrected by the time we start selling the thing (prbly talking about an error in the description)

2, es basiert tatsächlich auf dem ZTE Blade, ist jedoch mit einer hochauflösenderen 5 Megapixel Kamera bestückt.

-- actually you're right, it's based on the ZTE Blade but features a higher resultion cam (5MP)

3, Android Version 2.1

4, dazu informieren wir zum Verkaufsstart

-- we'll share that information by the ttime we start selling it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404
I wonder, if the cam of lutea will work with custom Roms. Are there different drivers?

Has anyone got a device we can dump? then we can find out...

But the answer should be that the most recent ROMS SHOULD support newer cameras...

What I'd like to know is where you can buy parts for it from

I reckon the camera modules should be simple enough to swap out, if so we could take out the 3 and put in a 5MP cam providing the drivers work

Guest stevve33
Has anyone got a device we can dump? then we can find out...

But the answer should be that the most recent ROMS SHOULD support newer cameras...

I got my Lutea Today need some help to dump the ROM.

Build Number is : P729KV1.0.0B03

• 5 months later...