3G pricing finally out (and some other stuff)...

Guest Firaas

So, 3G pricing is finally out.

Three packages:

a) 3ToGo

Basically like the Virgin OVP, no monthly payment, you pay for all calls.

[*]5p per minute to Voicemail/other 3 users

[*]10p per minute to landlines

[*]25p per minute to mobiles

[*]50p per minute for local calls

[*]10p/25p/50p per message for text/photo/video messaging

[*]5p/10p to read a standard (500 words)/large (over 500 words) email

[*]25p/50p to send a standard (500 words)/large (over 500 words) email

:) Kit

£59.99 per month, includes:

[*]1000 minutes of voice calls

[*]100 minutes of video calls

[*]40 video messages

[*]60 photo messages

[*]250 text messages

[*]50 email/content events

All voice calls over this are 15p/minute and video 50p/minute. All other charges are as above.

c) Caboodle

£99.99 per month, includes:

[*]2000 minutes of voice calls

[*]200 minutes of video calls

[*]80 video messages

[*]120 photo messages

[*]500 text messages

[*]100 email/content events

Other charges same as ;).

The Kit and Caboodle packages will only be available until the 30th of June 2003.

The likely release date for the packages is 03-03-03, although Three only state that it will be in March.

The handsets aren't subsidised, and so are rather expensive. It's unlikely that you'll be able to get SIM-only deals immediately, and the 3ToGo deal is more like the Virgin OVP than a PAYG topup plan.

You can see the handsets here. They range from £399-£449.

The non-rental package seems a bit steep, I'd prefer £35/month for half the stuff included in B.

Hopefully a package like this will be out towards Q3/Q4 of this year.

Having looked at pricing and services, it seems to me they do not offer internet access, only tailored information services.

My view is, unless you have a friend with a 3G phone you can video call, the SPV offers far more for less money.

I think they do offer internet access, but it isn't a major part of their service - the video is the big part of the service.

The voice side of the tariffs are definitely brilliant value for money.

They've signed an agreement for premiership football matches to be broadcast via 3g, which is nice. Talking of football, anyone watching the City/United match?

You can't surf normal internet via the Hutchison Three service.

They're only allowing access to a restricted number of addresses, which are formatted for use on 3.

Personally I think the tarrifs are great! Well for high usage customers anyway. Other networks charge around 75quid for 1000 mins cross network! Hutchinson gives u this plus loooooads more for 60quid!

The inclusive minutes are x-net right?

Guest casper508

Ok guys, these phones look coool.

Just one question?

Do you think one should get it early on (and become an unpaid beta tester) or wait for a while till this technology is fully tested and stabler?

Cas

Do you think one should get it early on (and become an unpaid beta tester) or wait for a while till this technology is fully tested and stabler?

I personally am happy to wait for Orange to get the 3g service first, because Orange tend to have their network services at a slightly higher standard (although usually for an extra price).