Favourite Vega apps

Guest PaulOBrien

I've got market running using Paul's fantastic rom and i'm about ready to wrap the thing up for Christmas but have a couple of questions.

What is best CBR/CBZ Comic reader to run on the vega?

Does the original Vega media player handle all avi files (tv shows) or is there a better media player I should install?

This really is the Christmas of Android as I've just been told there will be three android phones being opened by family members this year that will inevitably (as the family tech nerd) find their way into my hands for setting up. Thankfully the Vega and this (frankly amazing) website has given me a crash course in all things Android.

Edited by Zleet

Guest rferrett

Right,

I notice the BBC has come down like a ton of bricks on the makers of MyPlayer (must say I am surprised at how long it took). Anyone who where to get a copy of the old .apk before it was neutered by the BBC?

Ralph

Dolphine HD (web browser)

Chrome to Phone (send links from your chrome browser to the vega, work with opera if set to default browser)

TuneIn Radio (internet radio player)

Doggcatcher (Podcast app)

Advanced Task Killer (kill open apps)

EDIT:

Light Studio (Allows you to layout studio lighting setups) I've got this on my phone but it's so much better on the Vega.

Edited by Drizz

Guest burden010

Has anyone tried thre Aldiko reader? It's my favourite ebook app alongside Kindle.

I read that the viewing angles weren't great for portrait, does this affect the ebook apps much? This is one of the most important aspects of the tablet for me.

Guest paulwrench
Dolphin HD working great here...?

P

Dolphin HD seems to work as well as it does on my HTC desire with one exception, on www.singsnap.com I get the lyrics to the songs, however on the Vega I seem to get everything but the lyrics, I have the latest version of Flash installed but my dreams of mobile karaoke are thwarted by this lack or lyrics. Any ideas?

Guest swarrans
Anyone tried Documents2Go before I pay to find out it doesn't work?

Funny you shouls ask that cos i havea question on the same app

Ive downloaded the free version and it worked fine showing a powerpoint presentation - but not in fullscreen and you have do a long hold and then select the next slide - does anyone know if the paid for version runs fullscreen and a simple press will move on the slides?

Alternatively can anyone recommend a good powerpoint viewer?

Guest simon.n.jonez

anyone got google maps working,mine started off okay buy now it wonk zoom to where i want it and just glitches on a random place with half the screen white

Guest matneee
I've got market running using Paul's fantastic rom and i'm about ready to wrap the thing up for Christmas but have a couple of questions.

What is best CBR/CBZ Comic reader to run on the vega?

Does the original Vega media player handle all avi files (tv shows) or is there a better media player I should install?

JJComics is working out ver well for me. I prefer it marginal to Droid Comic Viewer (DCV) in the foirst place, but I think I read somewhere that DCV isn't automatically full-screen.

Oh, if by avi files you mean xvid/divx, the stock vega player will do just great with them. Well, unless there's an odd sound codec being used )for surround sound, for example), but that's quite rare .

Guest danielj58
Would that be the same for all apps then? Long press brings up the menu? That would be good.

Yep, and a long press of the power button gives you a home button :-)

Guest burden010
Dont think they have any in shops at the mo, just online.

I know but I'm going up almost every day to check... they still don't have any or any information on when they'll get any. I'm supposed to be getting this from the Mrs for Christmas but I need to play with one before I give her the nod!

Guest 5c00ter

Ok, here's my top 9 favourite apps:

1. Launcher Pro

2. Twidroyd Pro

3. Dropbox

4. Skype

5. TuneIn radio

6. Wordlog

7. OfficeSuite Pro

8. Google Translate (great with voice recognition)

9. Built-in web browser (because it works)

Edited by 5c00ter

Guest TylerDurdenK

Got another favorite. Having got an Acer Revo running XBMC I have installed the Official xbmc remote and It looks great. Especially the TV Shows menu.

I'll try and put a video up.

Video coming here -

Edited by TylerDurdenK

Guest English Haze
Got another favorite. Having got an Acer Revo running XBMC I have installed the Official xbmc remote and It looks great. Especially the TV Shows menu.

I'll try and put a video up.

Video coming here -

"Video not available in your country"