Scroll speed hack

Guest Jompet

Hello,

I'm very new to Android development so forgive my lack of knowledge. We all have to start somewhere!

I'm wondering if it would be possible to change a few things on Android like the speed at which the app drawer opens and the maximum speed at which you can flick through menus/emails/etc.

This is for a usability project I'd like to have a go at.

I guess this is launcher related? Would I have to ask this for a specific launcher rather than a general ask? I know on LauncherPro you have options to speed up/slow down the speed at which the app drawer opens etc.

Thanks.

Guest beaverHausen

You can disable screen animations in settings > display and if you have spare parts installed you can alter transition and input animations.

I have all off and this speeds up the menus considerably :P

You can disable screen animations in settings > display and if you have spare parts installed you can alter transition and input animations.

I have all off and this speeds up the menus considerably :P

Thanks for the reply, I've done that already using spare parts. I've actually slowed them both down to 'Very Slow' and this gave me the idea for the project the was everything isn't so abrupt and fast.

It's more of a glide now.

I'm not talking about this though but rather the maximum value at which you can scroll the current screen with your finger (Please no comments to just scroll slower) I'd like to be able to set it so you can't flick the screen so fast to make everything more slow and deliberate.