• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

swarrans

swarrans

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Grr. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, I can't get Flash to work. This is getting most annoying.

What exactly have you done?
I'm not really sure what can go wrong installing flash?...

countrylad

countrylad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, ZTE Blade, Vega

What exactly have you done?
I'm not really sure what can go wrong installing flash?...

I flashed the latest Modaco ROM and, to be honest, didn't try out a Flash site at that point to see if it was working. Like a wally, before reading any more of the forum, I applied the Market update for Flash that the Vega notified me of. Certainly no Flash working now!

I've tried running the .apk in Shuttle_priv and downloading the updated, optimised versions highlighted in this thread and running those. Still no joy, even after reboots. The only remaining option I can think of is to re-flash the ROM from scratch (and if that doesn't work, try a wipe and re-flash).

So, to be honest, I perhaps shouldn't whinge until I've done the re-flash. I was just hoping one of the fixes outlined here would do the job!

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

I flashed the latest Modaco ROM and, to be honest, didn't try out a Flash site at that point to see if it was working. Like a wally, before reading any more of the forum, I applied the Market update for Flash that the Vega notified me of. Certainly no Flash working now!

I've tried running the .apk in Shuttle_priv and downloading the updated, optimised versions highlighted in this thread and running those. Still no joy, even after reboots. The only remaining option I can think of is to re-flash the ROM from scratch (and if that doesn't work, try a wipe and re-flash).

So, to be honest, I perhaps shouldn't whinge until I've done the re-flash. I was just hoping one of the fixes outlined here would do the job!

Completely uninstall any flash you have from the market.

Download the file from here and push it to the place that is said, then use a file manager to find it and click then install like any normal app.

countrylad

countrylad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, ZTE Blade, Vega

Completely uninstall any flash you have from the market.

Download the file from here and push it to the place that is said, then use a file manager to find it and click then install like any normal app.

That sounds like a plan! Haven't got it with me now, but I'll try as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advice.

cleavepm

cleavepm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Advent Vega
I just tried the NI Adam browser - was OK but decided to go back to stock. Have done that OK and rebooted.

When I access (for example) the BBC Sport site which has a video window on it the browser closes. I've tried iPlayer and it works fine.

What's going on?

cleavepm

cleavepm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I just tried the NI Adam browser - was OK but decided to go back to stock. Have done that OK and rebooted.

When I access (for example) the BBC Sport site which has a video window on it the browser closes. I've tried iPlayer and it works fine.

What's going on?

Bump..... ;)

cleavepm

cleavepm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Bump..... ;)

Have installed Dolphin HD browser and everything works fine through that. Have tried stock browser and that's now working too.

Hey ho......

wetdogish

wetdogish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

If Flash has stopped working on your machine, the fix is super easy!

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :P

P

Hi i was about to instal release 1.08 then thought it might remove flash? does it ?

Just checking before i do something really stupid

Thanks

Simon

g6hoq

g6hoq

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Asus eee Pad / LG Optimus X2
  • Twitter:@g6hoq

Flash support on the Vega seems a little strange. Strange in the way it's installed and strange in itself.

Upgrading or updating seems to occasionally break Flash support in the browser, as does installing an updated version from the Market (the Vega seems to have an accelerated version specifically for the Tegra hardware).

Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install.

DONE! :P

P

Super smooth install of 1.08 and MCR7...
Only just tried a iplayer, and no flash.... and unfortunately no /secure/etc/shuttle_priv folder
navigated with ifilemanager and can get to /secure/etc and browse that but deffo no shuttle_priv folder.

Has anyone any ideas, or should I wait till I get home and push the apk onto the machine with the adb ?

Regards
Steve

g6hoq

g6hoq

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Asus eee Pad / LG Optimus X2
  • Twitter:@g6hoq

Super smooth install of 1.08 and MCR7...
Only just tried a iplayer, and no flash.... and unfortunately no /secure/etc/shuttle_priv folder
navigated with ifilemanager and can get to /secure/etc and browse that but deffo no shuttle_priv folder.

Has anyone any ideas, or should I wait till I get home and push the apk onto the machine with the adb ?

Regards
Steve

Just to answer my own post, I downloaded flash from here http://android.modac...r-for-the-vega/ onto my laptop and copied it into dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the Vega and installed the .apk magic now have Flash again.
Have had a couple of FC and reboots trying to demo a very flash heavy site in normal browser.
I have firefox on now so will try that.
I hope I have the correct version of flash. its libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk ?
will try iplayer and report back if any problems.
Steve

hjg

hjg

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Just to answer my own post, I downloaded flash from here http://android.modac...r-for-the-vega/ onto my laptop and copied it into dropbox. Opened Dropbox on the Vega and installed the .apk magic now have Flash again.
Have had a couple of FC and reboots trying to demo a very flash heavy site in normal browser.
I have firefox on now so will try that.
I hope I have the correct version of flash. its libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101028_v10.1.95.22_signed.apk ?
will try iplayer and report back if any problems.
Steve

I found that after loading 'R8' the Flash from Android Market worked OK

whatkatedoes

whatkatedoes

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, iPad, Gemini Q97-HD
  • Twitter:@WhatKateDoes
From twitter:

AdventVega:
Hi all. A new Vega build will be up later today containing the fully certified version of flash. Details to follow later.

stimoUK

stimoUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I haven't got shuttle_priv folder in system/etc so iv'e downladed the flash apk onto my computer but im not sure what the cmd is to push it to the correct file/folder on my vega any help please.

Si J

Si J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@NA

It's already on the device. Open a command window. With USB debugging enabled and connected to the PC, and being in the directory that you have install-windows.bat, do:
adb-windows.exe shell pm install -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

That will get flash working again...

Hi, I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device so I tried to re-copy across but I get the message:

F:\V1>adb-windows.exe shell pm install -r /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk
pkg: /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.
95.18_signed.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Can someone Help? I reinstalled the latest rom but it made no difference when I tried again.... And I have plenty of space on the device...

Edited by Si J, 12 February 2011 - 06:24 PM.

jacquisue

jacquisue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, iphone
[quote name='whatkatedoes' post='1598010' date='Feb 11 2011, 14:22']From twitter:

Edited by jacquisue, 16 February 2011 - 10:44 AM.

lordjubblydave

lordjubblydave

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:M8-MotoG-GPad_8.3
  • Twitter:@jubblydave
I just stumbled across this http://bit.ly/hBENR1 it is the official Vega flash installer.
Better than faffing with arbitrary, no? :D

Micronics

Micronics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Links to latest flash are in this topic:

http://android.modac...guides-how-tos/

jbplacebo

jbplacebo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega Tablet PC
Hi all,

Paul wrote

( Flash for the Vega is a special version optimised for GLES2. The market versions aren't, hence the issue. )

-----------------------

My vega is showing In the About device section

Model Number
MoDaCo Custom ROM for Advent Vega r8

EC version

Kernel version
2.632.9_MCK_r2_slave

Build number
harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720

So how do we re-activate flash after we've installed paul's r8 rom onto our vega
I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device

My vega had 1.09 newest build flash version preinstalled, i bought it on 26 Feb Saterday , so it was a upto date version .

Has this situation been resolved by anyone ?

Thanks for any solution .............. Ive placed this request about 8 hrs ago , i paid my £9.99 subscriptiuon can you help Paul .

Edited by jbplacebo, 28 February 2011 - 09:02 PM.

alexzhou

alexzhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

DONE! :huh:

P

Hi, Paul. I know the vega's flash player that it's custom for advent vega by adobe. after install R8. the flash video quality is poor than original of advent. how can I get back the flash version? or it's possible backup it before installing R8

Dav0

Dav0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Hi all,

Paul wrote

( Flash for the Vega is a special version optimised for GLES2. The market versions aren't, hence the issue. )

-----------------------

My vega is showing In the About device section

Model Number
MoDaCo Custom ROM for Advent Vega r8

EC version

Kernel version
2.632.9_MCK_r2_slave

Build number
harmony 2.2 FRF91 20110105.180720

So how do we re-activate flash after we've installed paul's r8 rom onto our vega
I too don't have the /system/etc/shuttle_priv directory on the device

My vega had 1.09 newest build flash version preinstalled, i bought it on 26 Feb Saterday , so it was a upto date version .

Has this situation been resolved by anyone ?
Thanks for any solution .............. Ive placed this request about 8 hrs ago , i paid my £9.99 subscriptiuon can you help Paul .

See reply in thread

http://android.modac...s/#entry1592612

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users