Bluetooth?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

JohnMetz

JohnMetz

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Thanks Paul. It now works and I even get a fix in maps etc when using my old bluetooth GPS receiver.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Oh cool!

Did you have to install any other software to get the BT GPS working?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

JohnMetz

JohnMetz

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Oh cool!

Did you have to install any other software to get the BT GPS working?

P

Hi Paul
I did download a couple of bluetooth gps apps. Now i am a little unsure what they do. I downloaded bluetooth gps provider and another called bluetooth gps - which has a nice satellite usee interface. I will try to uninstall them to see what really gets used.

Will let you know later

John

amarko5

amarko5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 and a Desire + vega

Hi Paul
I did download a couple of bluetooth gps apps. Now i am a little unsure what they do. I downloaded bluetooth gps provider and another called bluetooth gps - which has a nice satellite usee interface. I will try to uninstall them to see what really gets used.

Will let you know later

John

Neither of the above installed = no BT GPS ,, bluetooth section can see it but nothing seems to be able to use it .

Bluetooth GPS installed ---- will give you location in google but NOT in navigon software (well it doesn't on mine)

Bluetooth GPS Provider installed --- gives location in google maps AND Navigon so seems to be the better of the two (again for me anyway)

Hope this helps cos the vega makes a mean 10.1 inch satnav LOL

so i now have bluetooth gps provider installed and my trusty old BT GPS works like a charm thanks to all involved

Edited by amarko5, 26 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

hmsq82

hmsq82

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, iPhone5, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@hmsq82

Bluetooth GPS ---- will give you location in google but NOT in navigon software (well it doesn't on mine)

Bluetooth GPS Provider --- gives location in google maps AND Navigon so seems to be the better of the two (again for me anyway)

Hope this helps cos the vega makes a mean 10.1 inch satnav LOL

That is great I had a bluetooth GPS laying there for ages, now can be put to good use!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users