Credit where it is due

Guest T4ylor

I must say that if was not for Paul my Vega's would have been returned to PCWorld within 48 opening them after realising there was no app store of any kind. Even if there was an app store I would have still found it hard to justify keeping them even though they are for presents as I feel the novelty would have worn off very quick which would have resulted in my daughters pinching our iphones again.

I like to think that iam ok when it comes to computers etc but what ive learnt from many people over the last week is unbelievable and enabled me to now have both Vega's updated to v1.04 + r2 and waiting for the next improvements to come from the kicthen.

I am sure that advent are aware of the amount of possible returns which have so far been avoided by the people who contribute to this site.

I just wonder how many people would have or would have at least considered returning them if it was not for the likes of Paul.

To show my appreciation for Paul’s hard work I signed up for the Ad Free membership at £10 which was the least I could do, although it not necessary or a requirement it was just my personal opinion

Thanks to Paul and the rest of you who get involved.

Guest Carbonize

Well the Vega team have actually become members of this forum so will be aware of any gripes we have as well as the roms paul is producing. Hopefully they might take some of Paul's mods and put them in the official firmware.

Guest removed-14

Not sure mine would have gone back as I like to mess about with stuff. One thing is for certain is that Paul's work has tripled the enjoyment and potential of the device. I had already made a donation to Cancer Research through Paul's link and now I'm a Modaco subscriber. If Paul could help me root my Htc Desire then he might just be entitled to my first born! Only kidding... :P

Guest DrSuave
Not sure mine would have gone back as I like to mess about with stuff. One thing is for certain is that Paul's work has tripled the enjoyment and potential of the device. I had already made a donation to Cancer Research through Paul's link and now I'm a Modaco subscriber. If Paul could help me root my Htc Desire then he might just be entitled to my first born! Only kidding... :P

Just the 2nd born then?

:D

I'm gonna throw in my 2cents also in support of Paul and the Vega people.

I've just sent back my Archos 101 and am scouring the market for a replacement tablet. The Advent Vega ticks too many boxes to ignore. Whilst the hardware seems to delivery it is the conduct of the People behind that have influenced me to purchase one. I've been reading their tweets and on this basis I feel I want to be part of the Vega thing as I like what I see.

With Paul cooking in the kitchen also will also see this underdog outstripping the bigger names like Toshiba and Samsung. I see the Vega going places and is the little tablet that might!

Guest Kirkie1
Another nod to Paul and everyone on this site from a n00b and now paid up member :P

+1

still trying to get things working ,but every step is something new that I have learned,props to all you guys who are working so hard to make the Vega a keeper.