** NEW STOCK ** 30 minute to stock allocation (14:45)

Guest Drizz

Guest Marshy84

Got mine through Currys but haven't received anything since the processing confirmation.

As long as I get it and they don't cancel it like they have with other people!

Guest marmankites
Confirmation received from Currys at 15:45 THEN at 15:52 they tell me that there is a problem and I won't get my order in the timescale specified :P oh well, atleast it's on order. :D

I had my second email by that time:

"We are processing your PC WORLD order"

27 November 2010 15:45

Glad I have two! Figures someone outside the Uk on here will want my second!

Originally wanted the Archos 101 because for the Aesthetics, but after Modacos ROM decided I want the Advent Vega now for modding. Wanted to order of PC world for the screen protector too but after hearing about the code 10POUND, I re registered on currys to find out the code gave me ###error_promocode_not_applicable### and that it went out of stock on the next screen. ARRRGHHHH

Guest amarko5
Got my order in and have got the order aknowledgement. A good day as Scotland won the rugby as well :D

yeah but there is 2 inches of snow so nothing will be able to move so no deliveries until the thaw :P

p.s. only kidding , hope you get it soon

yeah but there is 2 inches of snow so nothing will be able to move so no deliveries until the thaw :D

p.s. only kidding , hope you get it soon

2" of snow :P I am right by the coast and we have about 4" here and more inland. :D

Being close to Aberdeen in the far North we are treated as if we were in outer mongolia by most couriers :D

Still hopefully it on its way and they don't cancel it.

Guest Bobbler

I didn't realise it's online only for the moment :P

Will be waiting till they get them in store before I buy, want to feel what it's like in the hand etc as ithat's quite important for this form factor IMO.

I didn't realise it's online only for the moment :P

Will be waiting till they get them in store before I buy, want to feel what it's like in the hand etc as ithat's quite important for this form factor IMO.

Bobbler - you know you can order online and despite what any terms and conditions a retailer gives you, you legally have upto 7 days to cancel the order from the time it arrives with you. THat way as long as you are careful, you can have a play and if you decide it's not for you, then you can return it - and get a full refund including the original postage (if any).

Originally wanted the Archos 101 because for the Aesthetics, but after Modacos ROM decided I want the Advent Vega now for modding. Wanted to order of PC world for the screen protector too but after hearing about the code 10POUND, I re registered on currys to find out the code gave me ###error_promocode_not_applicable### and that it went out of stock on the next screen. ARRRGHHHH

Did exactly the same :P

Guest welshblob
I'm sure its been mentioned but does anyone get the impression they are deliberately limiting stock to get more online sales?

To give them the benefit of the doubt it maybe because they don't want another folio debacle and so want iron out the kinks initially. Also if there have been delays with the supplier then i'd guess they'd have to fly them over in relatively small batches and also only take as many as they can supply. The advent vega twitter guy is over in china as i type .... i wonder why?

Rob ..... first post from my vega :-)

Guest MarkoUK
To give them the benefit of the doubt it maybe because they don't want another folio debacle and so want iron out the kinks initially. Also if there have been delays with the supplier then i'd guess they'd have to fly them over in relatively small batches and also only take as many as they can supply. The advent vega twitter guy is over in china as i type .... i wonder why?

Sorting out docks for shipping over to the UK.

Guest mclanecxantia

i cannot laugh about this. its the 3rd batch of tablets i was unable to order.

Guest iakonadub
I hear they sold out in 6 minutes... blimey.

So the big question for me is whether or not the buzz is widespread or just confined to the UK Android Hacking community. Are we tlaking they have sold tens, hundreds, thousands?

Ralph

Nope, widespread...well only widespread among the android hacking community irregardless of country. Someone want to buy this American a advent Vega, we can work something out.

I managed to order yesterday afternoon, got the confirm email, but now have an email saying that they may have trouble honouring the expected timeline for delivery :-(

Guest nigelpwilson
I managed to order yesterday afternoon, got the confirm email, but now have an email saying that they may have trouble honouring the expected timeline for delivery :-(

Same happened to me, so I called them and they said that stock had sold out and they were showing minus 7 on their system. Gave me a choice of a refund or going on a 'forward order' which means waiting for next batch and then one is automatically allocated. I chose the forward order option.

What has everyone else been told ?

Guest nigelpwilson
i only got the two 'We are now preparing your PC World order for delivery. ' emails

So how many of us have got the 'delay' email ? I used to work for DSG and so am aware of the forward order process, in theory there should only be 7 ?

I got the "may have trouble honouring the expected timeline for delivery" email but then recieved two "We are now preparing your Currys order for delivery". Hoping I will get another mail tomorrow to say its being shipped.

Guest ShaunR_UK
So how many of us have got the 'delay' email ? I used to work for DSG and so am aware of the forward order process, in theory there should only be 7 ?

I got one also.

I called Currys and they told me about the -7 stock level (the chap seemed surprised that this could happen). He told me i had stock approved for my order and it was showing a delivery date of 29/11, but added he didn't see how this could be achieved. Anyway, he told me to call back on Monday to confirm...there was no mention of an offer to cancel or forward ordering.

Cheers,

Shaun

Guest nigelpwilson
I got one also.

I called Currys and they told me about the -7 stock level (the chap seemed surprised that this could happen). He told me i had stock approved for my order and it was showing a delivery date of 29/11, but added he didn't see how this could be achieved. Anyway, he told me to call back on Monday to confirm...there was no mention of an offer to cancel or forward ordering.

Cheers,

Shaun

Hey that sounds promising then, I had given up on getting mine from this batch, but maybe there is hope then !

Cheers,

Guest space_cowboy1985

I ordered from pc world, I must of been one of the first... So far though I have only had the confirmation email and no further, i anyone else at this stage or has everyone received further emails.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
I ordered from pc world, I must of been one of the first... So far though I have only had the confirmation email and no further, i anyone else at this stage or has everyone received further emails.

I also ordered via PC World website and have only received the initial order ack email and then the 2 order confirmation emails, should hopefully get the "your order has shipped" emails tomorrow once they open up again. :P

Guest nigelpwilson

Out of interest what time did you guys receive your confirmation email, mine came at 15:43 followed by 2 at 15:54 saying being processed then another at 15:54 saying potential delay etc...

Cheers