Docking port, is it PDMI?

Guest SilentMobius

Guest SilentMobius

Looking at images of the connectors (and the OEM info that Paul got) it suggests that the bottom port on the vega is PDMI, this is the same port that the Dell Streak uses but not the same port that the Samsung Galaxy Tab uses (That looks to be just a flipped iPhone connector)

Samsung Galaxy Tab vs iPhone

16363d1287484145-dell-streak-datenkabel-wirklich-pdmi-2010-10-19-12.16.10.jpg

Dell Streak vs iPhone

16267d1287320327-dell-streak-datenkabel-wirklich-pdmi-steckervergleich.jpg

Dell Streak port

DSC00062.jpg

Does anyone have the Dell Streak sync cable, because Advent say there will be a docking station with USB host, that suggests to me that if it is pin compatible with PDMI then the USB2 lines will be connected. Meaning we could get a straight PDMI->usb host cable much like this:

http://devdot.wikispaces.com/Dell+Streak+U...roller+Tutorial

The Slacker G2 supposedly uses PDMI, there is a dock for it http://www.amazon.com/Slacker-Personal-Rad.../dp/B001O83X5Q/

Edited by SilentMobius

Guest MarkoUK
I have a streak cable somewhere, i'll dig it out.

P

Nice. I want to see what this connector is so I can look at making my dock. Going to send off my CAD files for a quote and find out what I'm using to power this as well as hacking in USB connections.

You found anything in the code about software enable on the USB port? Weird that there is no power on it.

Guest SilentMobius
Streak cable fits! Doesn't do much tho with regards to charging or USB connectivity. :P

P

I wonder if they've had set the usb2 in the pdmi for host mode? if you have a female type A to female type A adaptor try plugging a usb memory stick into the cable?

Just to double check though, you sure nothing came up on logcat or dmesg when you plugged the cable into a USB host?

• 1 year later...
Guest adrianx26

Re for all :) and happy new year for all

this connector is from my ZTE V71A ( aka Vodafone SMART TAB 7) . I dont know what is connector name ... there are 40 pins

post-301945-0-75640600-1325520512_thumb.

Guest zerosignull

Nice. I want to see what this connector is so I can look at making my dock. Going to send off my CAD files for a quote and find out what I'm using to power this as well as hacking in USB connections.

You found anything in the code about software enable on the USB port? Weird that there is no power on it.

FYI the ViewSonic ViewPad 10S dock works with the Advent Vega and can still be purchased for about £25