Theme for froyo stephen >1.4.5

Guest kikamal

Guest Pceasar

Dumb question - I suppose trying this on the leaked 2.2 stock original is out of the question? Might have to look into steves after all for the black status bar

Guest mzsigler

Here's a shell script for mac. As always, it's not my fault if it gives your phone turboaids or kills your firstborn son or knocks up your wife and you assume all liability for trusting a random person on the internet, etc, etc, etc.

In order for this to work, you MUST have android SDK installed, and you MUST add the TOOLS folder of the SDK to your PATH. I actually wrote an article on how to do exactly that on OSX Snow Leopard, so do this FIRST, or this won't work.

Installing the SDK on a Snow Leopard Mac:

http://sigsays.com/how-to/how-to-a-beginne...db-for-mac-osx/

Creating a bash profile and adding the tools folder to your path in Snow Leopard:

http://sigsays.com/how-to/how-to-create-a-...er-and-without/

Now for the install:

Download the rar archive in the original post. Unarchive it to a folder using unrarx or something like that.

Download my script:

https://files.me.com/mzsigler/gtlx04

Put it in the folder you just extracted from the rar.

Open a terminal window. Navigate to the folder you extracted. If you extracted it to desktop, just enter

cd ~/desktop/themekikav3
now enter
sh installmac.sh

It should run the commands, then reboot. First boot took a good 5 minutes for me.

Edited by mzsigler

Guest mzsigler
I may be stupid but I can't get the Streak recognized as a device. When I type "adb devices" in Terminal I get an empty list.

Is USB debugging enable in Settings > Applications > Development?

I may be stupid but I can't get the Streak recognized as a device. When I type "adb devices" in Terminal I get an empty list.

Phone needs to be switched on not in fastboot mode. May seem obvious but I made that mistake so thought it was worth mentioning :-)

Phone needs to be switched on not in fastboot mode. May seem obvious but I made that mistake so thought it was worth mentioning :-)

It is on. Should I enable USB storage mode or not?

Guest mzsigler
Still can't get it to work. In System Profiler the Streak shows as Dell Mini 5.

No idea, it worked fine for me. You have the SDK installed and the tools folder added to path in your bash profile?

Guest odyseus

Any news on a percentage battery? Also if you ever find the time, a tutorial would be great even if have to translate it :=)

One thing I have noticed is that I always get 3G symbol, when I used to get an H symbol??

All the best

Ody

Edited by odyseus

Guest jnovello

Just a reminder be aware that this is not like the last posted theme. You can't just plug the phone in and run the icon command. You will end up stuck at the Dell Logo. If you have done that just flash the official Dell 2.2 and then the latest Steve Rom.

Yes and yes.

I used to get "dell mini 5" before I set my fastboot up, have you manually updated drivers selecting google android device? You also need admin rights when using pretty much all aspects when tweaking etc...

I used to get "dell mini 5" before I set my fastboot up, have you manually updated drivers selecting google android device? You also need admin rights when using pretty much all aspects when tweaking etc...

Please tell me how to update a driver on OSX, I'm not using a Windows machine!

Guest kikamal
Any news on a different battery ie a found one with percentage inside, OR a description on how to change it from the meter to circle???

i waiting to have the new version of hyde before broadcast whether it is compatible or not

Guest odyseus
i waiting to have the new version of hyde before broadcast whether it is compatible or not

No problem but I would love to know how you made this theme? Especially how you managed to get white text on the black status bar? Most people can use the framework-res.apk file and the online kitchen to cook colored icons and different batteries, but can not get the right coloured text. So there is a black status bar theme but the carrier text is black and hard to read? So any help or hints would be excellent!!