Android Market

Guest T4ylor

I am looking for a little assistance if possible guys.

When I installed the r3 from the kitchen and logged into the Market for the first time I registered each Vega to the own email address for the person for who it is intended. The problem I see now is that correct me if iam wrong but if I download a paid app which I want for both I would have to pay twice but if I would have logged in with the same account details I could install on both at no extra cost.

I am right in what iam thinking or am I talking a load of c&$p? If so how can I change the account details to suit?

This is my first experience with android and its taking some getting used to.

Thanks

Guest JingleManSweep
I am looking for a little assistance if possible guys.

When I installed the r3 from the kitchen and logged into the Market for the first time I registered each Vega to the own email address for the person for who it is intended. The problem I see now is that correct me if iam wrong but if I download a paid app which I want for both I would have to pay twice but if I would have logged in with the same account details I could install on both at no extra cost.

I am right in what iam thinking or am I talking a load of c&$p? If so how can I change the account details to suit?

This is my first experience with android and its taking some getting used to.

Thanks

I have two android phones and a vega all logged in with the same account. You pay for apps once and can install on as many devices as you want. Different accounts means buying same app for each device.

OK I decided just to re flash both of them and start again. So now they are both registered to the same account and ive downloaded a couple of apps so how do I get them on to the other Vega because when I access the Market and click download in does not show anything.

Thanks

Come guys and after an hero so who is going to be.

I still confused by the fact that i vega no1 registered to the market and activly downloading apps etc. Then i have vega no2 connected to the market with the same account details as no1 but it does not show the apps that have been downloaded by vega no1. Should the download tab within the market sync both paid and free apps between the 2 devices.

Guest amarko5
Come guys and after an hero so who is going to be.

I still confused by the fact that i vega no1 registered to the market and activly downloading apps etc. Then i have vega no2 connected to the market with the same account details as no1 but it does not show the apps that have been downloaded by vega no1. Should the download tab within the market sync both paid and free apps between the 2 devices.

do both tablets have the same id name ?? i know appbrain uses the idname of the device your logging in with. maybe market does the same.

have you possibly given each vega a different id ??

do both tablets have the same id name ?? i know appbrain uses the idname of the device your logging in with. maybe market does the same.

have you possibly given each vega a different id ??

I am not aware that i have but where would i check? I have looked under accounts and sync settings then under manage accounts and they both have the same email address.

Guest amarko5
I am not aware that i have but where would i check? I have looked under accounts and sync settings then under manage accounts and they both have the same email address.

i know that appbrain sees my tablet as VEGA i can only assume its getting that from the model number in "about device" on the settings menu, as i cannot see anywhere else to change the name other than in bluetooth settings.(which is only a local bluetooth naming section).

so do both your tabs have model number vega ?

i know that appbrain sees my tablet as VEGA i can only assume its getting that from the model number in "about device" on the settings menu, as i cannot see anywhere else to change the name other than in bluetooth settings.(which is only a local bluetooth naming section).

so do both your tabs have model number vega ?

Yes they both say Vega

Edited by T4ylor

Remember the first account you register is used, so if you have 2 gmail accounts on the device, market will be linked to the initial one.

P

I made that mistake the first time round so i re flashed them both and started from scratch again then re downloaded the r3 and then signed up for a new account the used that account to sign in on the other.

Cheers

Guest amarko5
I made that mistake the first time round so i re flashed them both and started from scratch again then re downloaded the r3 and then signed up for a new account the used that account to sign in on the other.

Cheers

when you are checking the market you are only using 1 tablet at a time arn't you ? ie 1 device switched on and logged in , the other switched off ! otherwise this could confuse the market.

Guest amarko5
I use lots of devices at once no problem.

P

ok that's me told :D

just grasping at straws here LOL i guess im not gonna be taylor's hero then :D :P

Edited by amarko5

I decided to start again and re flash the one which was not showing any download apps and whilst I was at it install the new r4 ROM. I have signed in to the market using the same details as the other Vega but still nothing listed under downloads. I have come to the conclusion that I must be doing something wrong but I have not got a clue what.