Changing the Google account

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest mirox3m
Can anyone tell me a way to change the default google/gmail account that is used to log into the Market.

There must be a way!

Go to Acaunts and settings and add as much accounts as you want. When you click on an account you have option to remove it.

Guest TylerDurdenK
Go to Acaunts and settings and add as much accounts as you want. When you click on an account you have option to remove it.

Yes, I have added my new account, but cannot delete the original one.

I get a message

This account is required by some applications.  You can only remove is by resetting the device to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under privacy.

Privacy is not an option in the settings menu, and although there is an "Erase all content and settings" option in the "Software tool" option, this doesn't do what I need.

Can anyone tell me a way to change the default google/gmail account that is used to log into the Market.

There must be a way!

reflash to 1.04 from Advent and then reapply r3 I'm afraid. I had to do it. :P

• 1 month later...
Guest Lennyuk
Has there been any update on this or am I going to have to reflash my Vega :lol:

There is no way to remove a default google account when added without wiping and reflashing

Guest monkums

OK. Bit of a downer but oh well I don't have any paid apps on the Vega yet as still in the seeing what it's all about stage.

Can someone point me towards a wipe and reinstall guide?