231 replies to this topic

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Devices:TMobile G2

No, the ROM Manager changes Koush needs to do. Everything my end is good after the PP update. :P

P

I've just installed the latest ROM Manager from the Market, and the Vega Recovery app too. I opened ROM Manager, and successfully used it to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery, 2.5.1.4

I updated the PP (by Flashing with a newly baked kitchen R4 Add-On Pack including PP to my device) and when I used the Vega recovery App, it reboots, but all I can see it the "Robot out of the box" icon. It wont get passed this screen.

Edited by TylerDurdenK, 01 December 2010 - 03:57 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
That didn't flash the recovery successfully (ROM Manager).

Install it the manual way for now until Koush has this sorted. :P

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
Hooray for me, I've done it!

Just managed to get android-sdk working and have followed the instructions on the first post of this page.

Running a Nandroid back up as I type. Thanks all.

amarko5

amarko5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 and a Desire + vega

Edited by amarko5, 02 December 2010 - 01:59 AM.

Graham Macleod

Graham Macleod

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, G1
  • Twitter:@grahamwell
Hi. Thanks so much for getting a familiar recovery to us. I have a noob question though. If I make some change to the Vega and I screw it up, so that the machine won't boot - or gets stuck on the startup screen, what's the minimum I have to do to get my nandroid restore running?

At the moment the only thing I can think to do is to boot into the Vega 'recovery' - using back and home buttons. Flash the stock 1.04. Bring that up, then apply the Modaco bundle, then the Clockwork Mod and the apk. Use the apk to reboot into 'real' recovery. That all seems pretty offputting. Is there a quicker/simpler way?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
That is the 'last resort' way...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Retrorious

Retrorious

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi, i've been watching the forum for some time now and i've downloaded the clockworkmod recovery. Put it on my tablet as paul said and it worked. So I made a nand backup. Yesterday I was messing with the system partition and did something wrong and it would not boot anymore. I restored the backup and everything was ok.

Now I have found out that when i reboot it gets stuck somewhere. Even the "Android.." at the beginning istn't showing anymore. So I restored again by flashing the stock image and then putting the recovery back on there and restoring my backup. Again it booted just fine after the restore, but if I reboot it gets stuck somewhere again. It does this every time I restore a backup with the recovery. It boots fine and when i shutdown and boot again it gets stuck.

So i'm not rebooting at all today:D hehe

Do some of you have the same issue? And Paul can you verify this?

Thanks

rimoth

rimoth

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:htc hero, advent vega
Hi followed the instructions and ClockworkMod successgully installed. Good to have nandroid backup. Thanks Paul

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Devices:Vega, ZTE Blade, lumia 800
hummmm OK - sorry for being a bit of a noobie - I get the impression this is the 1st andriod device for quite a few of us!

I'm failing a bit at the 1st hurdle - I've installed the ADB but when I run the 1st command line I just get
error: device not found

ADB also doesn't seem to be in my path from a command prompt I'm having to use the following line but I don't think thats the problem.

C:\vega\clockwork\r2-vega-recovery>"C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" push recovery.img /data/local/
error: device not found

how am I supposed to connect up the vega - is there some sort of mode I'm supposed to put it in or just conect it via usb? I've tried it connected via usb in storage mode and not?

Thanks for any help - would be nice to be able to do a decent backup of everything I've messed with so far before I break it!

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
Have you followed the instructions here?

http://developer.and...installing.html

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
yes thats where I got it from - I wasn't sure which packages I needed so I installed them all - I didn't enable debug mode on the vega - was I supposed to?

I can't try it again now until after work - I was trying to do it lunch time.

Thanks for the reply.

TylerDurdenK

TylerDurdenK

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
Yes, you definitely need debug mode on to do this.

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
lol - that'll be the problem then - thanks for the confirmation!

I'll give it another blast after work.

lnux9898

lnux9898

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
@worto

Another thing for you to check. Could you please do the following with the Vega connected to your PC in a cmd prompt:
"C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" devices
If you don't see the Vega (should be a string with numbers & letter) listed, then the drivers (available from myadventvega.co.uk) need to be installed.

grandmasterethel

grandmasterethel

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, Nexus 1
I don't know whether I'm just being special, but I tried followed the steps to the letter. the first 3 steps go well, but then I come to the last one, and this happens:

[codebox]$ adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img
[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/flas...
[/codebox]

Any ideas?

arad85

arad85

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
To all those people installing the ClockworkMod.... As mentioned by Paul in his original post, this is beta code. A number of us have had problems of black-screen boots at some point after installing ClockworkMod. You may want to leave this a while before finding you have to reinstall everything (including all your apps and settings) from scratch as reflashing stock 1.04 is the only way we know how to recover from this. Please see: http://android.modac...vega-wont-boot/

Can't get the drivers right for updating the Vega? See this thread
Need to find out what Windows thinks is installed? Download and run [url="http://"http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html"]this tool[/url]

worto03

worto03

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
thanks to TylerDurdenK & lnux9898 for the info I was going to give it another try today (my girlfriend wouldn't let me use the laptop and the tablet last night! something to do with Christmas shopping) but after what arad85 said I'm reconsidering anyway - whats the best alternative for people that don't want to beta test this?

I'd just like to backup the device but I don't think I'd be able to add anything constructive to the beta testing as I'm new to android and also don't want to risk the black-screen boots issue. Is there a market app that will pretty much image the device like you would with ghost and a windows desktop?

Thanks.

MonkeyBoy451

MonkeyBoy451

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Asus TF101
  • Twitter:@ianjcraven
I've just downloaded the latest clockwork rom manager from the Market - v2.5.1.2 - and decided to flash the ClockworkRecovery Mod from within it.

It recognised the tablet as Advent Vega and now shows that ClockworkMod 2.5.14 is now flashed.

Does this mean that ClockworkMod is now compatible with the Vega?

I did a reboot into recovery mode - but all I got on the screen is a box with an arrow coming out of it and wee android man!

Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM (Yakju)
Android Version: 4.0.2 | Baseband: I9250XXKK6 | Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 | Build: ICL53F

Current Tablet: Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - Stock
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retired Gadgets: HTC Desire (AMOLED), Advent Vega

redmongoose

redmongoose

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I've just downloaded the latest clockwork rom manager from the Market - v2.5.1.2 - and decided to flash the ClockworkRecovery Mod from within it.

It recognised the tablet as Advent Vega and now shows that ClockworkMod 2.5.14 is now flashed.

Does this mean that ClockworkMod is now compatible with the Vega?

I did a reboot into recovery mode - but all I got on the screen is a box with an arrow coming out of it and wee android man!

Thats what I did too, with the same result.

I can't get adb to recognise the vega even though all other Android devices show up

rvdgeer

rvdgeer

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Android!
  • Devices:HTC Desire, PoV Mobii 10
  • Twitter:@robvdgeer

It's here! This is currently in TEST, use with caution etc. etc. :) This recovery is built by me and in no way endorsed or supported by Koush.

When I look here (clockworkmod recovery downloads) I find recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.4-vega.img amongst many others...

Does this mean version 2.5.1.4 is 'officially' supported by Koush and the status on the Opening Post in this topic is outdated?

[EDIT]
I went ahead and asked @clockworkmod on twitter about the clockworkmod recovery 2.5.1.4 for the Advent Vega.
Here's my question and the answer:

RobvdGeer:
@clockworkmod Can you confirm the 2.5.1.4 recovery for Advent Vega is working correctly? Or is it still a WIP? And how about ROM mgr? Thanx!
9:27am, Dec 21 from HootSuite

clockworkmod:
@RobvdGeer I actually dont know who contributed advent, but I think I did a build for it. It should be working.
9:38am, Dec 21 from Tweetie for Mac

So it looks like the latest recovery is more or less an official clockworkmod recovery for the Vega!
[/EDIT]

Edited by rvdgeer, 21 December 2010 - 10:11 AM.

HTC One (m7) on Tele2
ROM: ViperOne 7.0.0 (Sense 6.0)
Android: 4.4.3
Kernel: 6.09.401.5 CL366813 release-keys
Bootloader: 1.57.0000
CID: HTC__E11

HTC One X (endeavoru) on KPN
ROM: ViperX 4.1.1 (Sense 5.0)
Android: 4.2.2
Kernel: 4.18.401.2 CL231174 release-keys
Bootloader: 1.39.0000
CID: HTC__E11