google earth

Guest shutdown

Guest 5c00ter

Same issue here. R1.04 + r4 modaco custom rom.

Strange behaviour after install and run. The screen goes black and the status bar flips between portrait and landscape indefinitely. Have to force quit to kill it.

Guest friedgoldmole
Same issue here. R1.04 + r4 modaco custom rom.

Strange behaviour after install and run. The screen goes black and the status bar flips between portrait and landscape indefinitely. Have to force quit to kill it.

I am no dev, but I imagine that Google Earth uses the NDK, and if so does it need to be targetted to the Tegra 2 architecture to work properly, possibly why you have to use special builds of flash and not the version on the market?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Graham Macleod

Yessssss .... It works.

I may have overcooked the solution, but here goes.

It won't start unless it has a location. I found an app "My fake location' in the market. This needs to be running (with an icon in the notification bar).

Paul's ROM pretends that the Vega is a Nexus One (passion) but the original line in build.prop for the Harmony is still there (remarked out with a hash). This may not be necessary but I swapped the remarks around so the Vega would correctly identify itself before downloading Earth.

And it works. Sweet, with two finger swipe and rotation - just like an iPad :-)

Merry.Christmas!

Yessssss .... It works.

It won't start unless it has a location. I found an app "My fake location' in the market. This needs to be running (with an icon in the notification bar).

Paul's ROM pretends that the Vega is a Nexus One (passion) but the original line in build.prop for the Harmony is still there (remarked out with a hash). This may not be necessary but I swapped the remarks around so the Vega would correctly identify itself before downloading Earth.

Merry.Christmas!

Many many thanks. Merry Christmas :-) Top stuff!

I think another worthy addition to Paul's next software repack (the fake location app) as it also allows you to use the navigation app offline as well :-D

Edited by sipart

Guest cultiv8ed

Hi guys,

I tried installing my fake location but that also force closes when I launch it. I have mock locations checked in settings. Any ideas?

I'm currently running 1.06.5 + pauls custom rom + clockwork mod.

Guest foxyloxy

same on mine running 1.06.5 + pauls custom rom

Hi guys,

I tried installing my fake location but that also force closes when I launch it. I have mock locations checked in settings. Any ideas?

I'm currently running 1.06.5 + pauls custom rom + clockwork mod.

• 3 weeks later...
same on mine running 1.06.5 + pauls custom rom

Did anyone ever get this running with the latest ROM? Even with Fake location etc engaged, earth simply loads then crashes every time it's opened....

Guest Micronics
Did anyone ever get this running with the latest ROM? Even with Fake location etc engaged, earth simply loads then crashes every time it's opened....

Ive got the latest rom and got it running with a paired bleutooth gps combined with the software package Bluetooth GPS.

Works fine for me with myfakelocation running first - on r6 with perf' pack. It certainly crashed when I didn't have myfakelocation though.

You get the myfakelocation icon in the notification bar - top left?

Works fine for me with myfakelocation running first - on r6 with perf' pack. It certainly crashed when I didn't have myfakelocation though.

You get the myfakelocation icon in the notification bar - top left?

gotcha - many thanks ;))

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sonofveritas
Yessssss .... It works.

Merry.Christmas!

Have installed my fake location but when trying to run Google Earth I just get a 'this app is not responding' error and have to kill it.

Anyone have any idea's ?

Guest thedicemaster

did you actually run and activate my fake location?

just installing is not enough.

and you need to enable the fake gps setting in the android settings ( application>development)

Guest sonofveritas
did you actually run and activate my fake location?

just installing is not enough.

and you need to enable the fake gps setting in the android settings ( application>development)

Yep, done all of that. A weather app I use picks the location up without any problems, but still having problems with Google Earth. Edited by sonofveritas

Yep, done all of that. A weather app I use picks the location up without any problems, but still having problems with Google Earth.

Hasn't worked for me since going to r7 and then r8 - suspect this is due to the new GPS features in the kernel messing with Google Earth - anyone on r8 confirm this is broke for them since upgrading?

I have my fake location running and active, all ticks in the right boxes in settings and Google Earth just sits with rotating timer icon. Think I'll try again when Paul updates the kitchen for 1.09 as it's no great show stopper for me currently.

Edited by sipart

Guest Sir Gash
Hasn't worked for me since going to r7 and then r8 - suspect this is due to the new GPS features in the kernel messing with Google Earth - anyone on r8 confirm this is broke for them since upgrading?

I have my fake location running and active, all ticks in the right boxes in settings and Google Earth just sits with rotating timer icon. Think I'll try again when Paul updates the kitchen for 1.09 as it's no great show stopper for me currently.

Works for me on R8 and using 'My Fake Location'. Try clearing the apps data & cache maybe? The only problem I have is with weird rending problems, mostly seen when zooming in after launching the app. At the bottom of the screen I get these horrible triangles popping up all over the place:

post-797044-1297692185_thumb.png

Anyone get this?