O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

"Please find your unlatching code below: 0262****"

Actually just noticed the first two unlocking numbers being 02, is that a coincidence being locked with O2? ;)

Guest adzman808

for me, so far (....) not looking good...

EDIT: i'd actually expect them to say that the phone hasn't been out for a yr so can't be unlcoked.... but so far they haven't played that card...

===========================

On 3 December 2010 11:26, prepaymemberservicewebform <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Adam

Thanks for replying to Jasleen's email.

As advised in our earlier emails, we won't be able to unlock your Dell

Streak phone. We're currently not unlocking Dell Streak phones.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you're looking for but if there's

anything else I can do, let me know.

Best Regards

Sonia

O2 Customer Service

Telefonica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX

====================

my reply

====================

Hi Sonia,

My understanding is the streak is no longer exclusive to o2 & therefore should qualify for unlocking.

Other people have successfully obtained an unlock code for their streak from o2

The streak is now available on orange & vodafone

http://www.best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/pho...ell-Streak.aspx

Also the streak is available sim free directly from dell or via tesco & argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5072071.htm

http://direct.tesco.com/content/specials/dell-streak.aspx

I understand that when first the released this handset was exclusive to o2 & therefore not available for unlock.

But as I’ve demonstrated this is no longer the case.

I'm not leaving o2, i like you guys, but i travel a lot for business & need the ability to use local sims to cut down on roaming costs.

The dell streak is also available for unlocking via 3rd party companies

http://rebelsimcard.com/virtu/index.php?op...19&Itemid=1

Please can you provide the unlock code, i would rather deal directly with yourselves, but if need be i can get my device unlocked via the 3rd party (& not paying o2 for the service)

as i say, I’m very happy with o2 - please don't ruin the relationship I have with o2.

If required I’d be delighted to talk to an o2 representative from your service management team to ensure my needs as a customer are met

Thanks & regards

Adam

Edited by adzman808

Guest adzman808
screenshot of the email please fee free to blank name etc so I can use it as leverage

you asking twe that bud?

I think he's the only one that has had any success yet....

Here you go, hope that helps, have removed personal information and a couple of previous emails but those were quoted above.

bl127wblu127maillivecom.png

Edited by twe

Guest sukh singh

I believe this may be a fake :P ;)

athan: I can see that this is 3rd party website and not our official website. Once we start unlock it we'll update our website http://www.o2.co.uk/

Sukhraj: no it is a link showing a screenshot of a email from yourselves giving a unlock code to a different customer.

Nathan: Please be assured our email id is [email protected]

Nathan: That email id which you've given is a 3rd party.

Nathan: Our other email address is [email protected]

Nathan: I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?

Nathan: As you haven’t said anything for a while, I’m going to close the chat. If you need anything else, click <a href="https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help " target=”_blank”>here</a> to send us an email.

O2 has ended this chat session.

Guest fester61
I believe this may be a fake :P ;)

athan: I can see that this is 3rd party website and not our official website. Once we start unlock it we'll update our website http://www.o2.co.uk/

Sukhraj: no it is a link showing a screenshot of a email from yourselves giving a unlock code to a different customer.

Nathan: Please be assured our email id is [email protected]

Nathan: That email id which you've given is a 3rd party.

Nathan: Our other email address is [email protected]

Nathan: I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?

Nathan: As you haven’t said anything for a while, I’m going to close the chat. If you need anything else, click <a href="https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help " target=”_blank”>here</a> to send us an email.

O2 has ended this chat session.

What precisely do you think is a fake?

Well I am not going to make a video of my unlocked phone but maybe you should try emailing the above link in my print out above and ask them instead but those are the people after using the O2 online unlocking service so nothing more I can say really.

Domain name:

o2email.co.uk

Registrant:

O2 Holdings Limited

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 2604354)

Registrant's address:

354 Buckingham Avenue

Slough

Berkshire

SL1 4PF

United Kingdom

Registrar:

TELEFONICA O2 UK LIMITED [Tag = O2-HOLDINGS-LTD]

URL: http://www.o2.com

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 10-Oct-2003

Renewal date: 10-Oct-2011

Last updated: 16-Feb-2010

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns0.02.net

ns1.02.net

ns2.02.net

WHOIS lookup made at 16:47:33 06-Dec-2010

Domain name:

o2email.co.uk

Registrant:

O2 Holdings Limited

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 2604354)

Registrant's address:

354 Buckingham Avenue

Slough

Berkshire

SL1 4PF

United Kingdom

Registrar:

TELEFONICA O2 UK LIMITED [Tag = O2-HOLDINGS-LTD]

URL: http://www.o2.com

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 10-Oct-2003

Renewal date: 10-Oct-2011

Last updated: 16-Feb-2010

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns0.02.net

ns1.02.net

ns2.02.net

WHOIS lookup made at 16:47:33 06-Dec-2010

Anyone can get an e-mail address with o2mail.co.uk

Edited by samsul

Guest fester61
Anyone can get an e-mail address with o2mail.co.uk

What on earth is the problem here?

twe says he got an unlock code for his streak from O2 if you don't believe it or have some other issues with his claim. Could you tell us what that is?

Or are Samsul and Sukh Singh O2 plants who don't want us to try this?

Sukh Singh apparently tried to get an unlock code via an O2 web chat and that clearly wouldn't work anyway. Just to add to the sillyness linked to a posting here instead of pasting it into an email by way of evidence.

It should be noted that O2 service is a bit (big bit) fragmented and you'll get different responses depending on who answers the request and where they are. If someone in O2 screwed by and gave twe an unlock code then that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

What on earth is the problem here?

twe says he got an unlock code for his streak from O2 if you don't believe it or have some other issues with his claim. Could you tell us what that is?

Or are Samsul and Sukh Singh O2 plants who don't want us to try this?

Sukh Singh apparently tried to get an unlock code via an O2 web chat and that clearly wouldn't work anyway. Just to add to the sillyness linked to a posting here instead of pasting it into an email by way of evidence.

It should be noted that O2 service is a bit (big bit) fragmented and you'll get different responses depending on who answers the request and where they are. If someone in O2 screwed by and gave twe an unlock code then that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Let me assure you no one in O2 has access to unlock codes for Dell Streak.

Let me assure you no one in O2 has access to unlock codes for Dell Streak.

Why are you employed by o2? If you are then it would be good manners to say so..

we all know that o2 pay people to troll the forums and spread FUD

Guest adzman808

the response i got from o2 was a blanket no, & when i asked why they emailed me their official complaints addy

thier response was so indignant that i actually had to re-read what i'd sent them to confirm i'd asked (actually offered to pay) for an unlock code & hadn't accidently said, 'can i film you performing an act of fellatio on me' & it was the unlock code i'd asked for *phew*

Guest adzman808

small update, but i'm not hopeful...

spent a while on the phone speaking to o2

they confirmed that the Streak can be unlocked by them (which is a moral victory if nothing else)

i'm now waiting to hear if they'll unlock for me, which i suspect not as i don't meet the criteria (had phone for a year & purchased from o2 shop) - not that i've told them i don't meet the criteria :)

but they're reviewing my case & are (allegedly) going to call me back within 48hrs in a kinda yay / nay sort way...

we'll see... i'll keep ya posted

Similar case here. They managed to figure out that I didn't purchase the Streak from their stores, so I'm waiting for a response from them too. Again, not very hopeful. Not even a glimmer! Lol.

Guest illmatic75

any news on the unlocking from o2 guys?

i had emailed them twice in the past with a flat no, on both the occasions.

so im hoping this time arround i can convince them otherwise if i know of more ppl who have been successful.

Guest adzman808
any news on the unlocking from o2 guys?

i had emailed them twice in the past with a flat no, on both the occasions.

so im hoping this time arround i can convince them otherwise if i know of more ppl who have been successful.

I think just 1 of us has managed it so far...

i'm expecting them to tell me to f off.... either way i'll post back here

I got no response at all! I got the confirmation they received my email, but ive had no response at all. Its been over a week now. What i dont get is WHY they wont unlock my streak. Its on the mobile broadband only tariff, i CANT call, i wont run up a bill on the SIM so i will only ever have a bill for £25, use it or not. How does it hurt them to unlock it?

i JUST WANT TO GET OFF THEIR CRAPPY NETWORK AS i cant actually use my Streak properly on the (just about) 3g signal I get here IN THE CENTER OF BRISTOL ^^... Troll that! O2 Lurkers. Others be warned, o2s network is crap even in the middle of a large UK city.

Guest fester61
small update, but i'm not hopeful...

spent a while on the phone speaking to o2

they confirmed that the Streak can be unlocked by them (which is a moral victory if nothing else)

i'm now waiting to hear if they'll unlock for me, which i suspect not as i don't meet the criteria (had phone for a year & purchased from o2 shop) - not that i've told them i don't meet the criteria :)

but they're reviewing my case & are (allegedly) going to call me back within 48hrs in a kinda yay / nay sort way...

we'll see... i'll keep ya posted

The criteria you quote above cannot be acheived by anybody, the streak was released on 4th June 2010, so no unlock codes should be available until June 2011. Complete cobblers if you ask me.