Google Maps broke (mod'd to r4 with perfpack)

Guest Wizard

Sad to find that Maps isn't working any more on my Vega when I zoom out beyond city-level. The Maps app opens, and if I zoom out about half way it doesn't show any map, just occasionally a piece of unrelated map tiling will show. It's quite random what shows, but it's completely 100% unusable, and doesn't show anything useful at all, even if I drag or zoom out further. So it seems Maps will only do street0level mapping on my Vega.

On one occasion I did a search for a venue on the map, the search worked, the results show on the "map", but no map tiles behind the location markers. Also, the location markers jump one inch to the left, then back, then repeats forever, jumping all the markers to the left and back.

I installed Earth earlier, which didn't work, so uninstalled it, I suppose it's possible it broke something. But the flickering/jumping does make me wonder if there's a video driver problem, just a guess though, I've seen similar behaviour on PCs when that was the cause.

It's a great shame as Maps is such a brilliant application (even without GPS) to plan routes, etc

Is anyone else having problems with the Maps app? If so, are you on the stock OS, or the patched one?

Aha, a crucial point here is that I have SATELLITE imagery on. I just turned it off, and the app works fine. So it's Maps+Satellite that is totally busted on mine.

Guest TylerDurdenK
Aha, a crucial point here is that I have SATELLITE imagery on. I just turned it off, and the app works fine. So it's Maps+Satellite that is totally busted on mine.

Works fine for me, looking at it now. Long press on the screen brings up the address, and then street view.

Guest 5c00ter

Afraid same issue here. Zooming in/out without satellite imagery works OK. But as soon as imagery layer is switched on, nothing. Could an R5 rom update address this? Although I've no idea what could be the cause, video driver issue?