Vega Case

Guest Al Sutton

Guest Al Sutton

Anyone else notice the Currys listing says it's a "ProPorta" case, yet ProPortas' site has no record of it?

The other "interesting" thing is the universal ProPorta cases that show up on PPs' site when you search for Vega are £10 cheaper than the Currys PP Vega case price, so if it's just one of those it's a 50% mark-up by DSG ;) .

Edited by Al Sutton

Guest vegaaccs
Anyone else notice the Currys listing says it's a "ProPorta" case, yet ProPortas' site has no record of it?

The other "interesting" thing is the universal ProPorta cases that show up on PPs' site when you search for Vega are £10 cheaper than the Currys PP Vega case price, so if it's just one of those it's a 50% mark-up by DSG ;) .

Hello Al,

I'm part of the category team handling Advent Vega accessories at DSG. Proporta have made us a case that is bespoke to the Advent Vega and you will not find it on their website. The products listed on Proporta's site are netbook products which will fit a Vega in the same way our Logik netbook sleeves also fit 10 inch tablets. The branding on this case is Advent and the listing will be changed on Monday. The online setup process is difficult and we have rushed it to get products to market quicker. This is why detail like the landscape stand-mode of the case have been missed and why it is not properly searchable.

We responded to the community's demand for a case as quickly as possible, so apologise for the clunky launch. To give you an idea, the cases landed in the country on Tuesday, we had first pictures on Wednesday, saw the first sample from Proporta yesterday and the first stock arrived at 6pm last night. Keep an eye on #adventvega as we work with the hardware team to release discounts to the Vega community as and when we set them up. There will be a voucher code coming for the Porporta/Advent case very soon as well as the £3 off screen protector code we have already released (PROTECT3).

If you have any queries about accessories, I'd be happy to help.

Here is another direct link to the case, to help people find it.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/proporta-adve...764476-pdt.html

Guest removed-14

A voucher code will be more than welcome as I think the price has not been particularly well received. When you say " This is why detail like the landscape stand-mode of the case have been missed" do you mean in the design process or it is there and it has been missed from the information on the product page of the website?

Hi,

Thanks for joining and contributing. You might be better joining in in the Vega Accessories thread though. As to more questions, price & availability of dock together with the expected features/functions.

Guest vegaaccs
A voucher code will be more than welcome as I think the price has not been particularly well received. When you say " This is why detail like the landscape stand-mode of the case have been missed" do you mean in the design process or it is there and it has been missed from the information on the product page of the website?

This detail is missing from the website. I can confirm that the Proporta-made Advent case on the Currys website has a landscape stand mode. I apologise that the whole process was rushed and this detail was missed from the listing. You can now get a case and screen protector for your Vega for under £30.

Guest Checkov
This detail is missing from the website. I can confirm that the Proporta-made Advent case on the Currys website has a landscape stand mode. I apologise that the whole process was rushed and this detail was missed from the listing. You can now get a case and screen protector for your Vega for under £30.

Should that not be "for under £40"????

Guest vegaaccs
Yeah, just read through the accessories post and spotted the other code for £10 off. Gonna order them now. ;)

For your convenience the codes are PROTECT3 for the screen protector and ADVENT10 for the case.

Guest MonkeyBoy451
For your convenience the codes are PROTECT3 for the screen protector and ADVENT10 for the case.

I ordered mine through the PCWorld site, I take it that both are in stock at both sites?

Guest MarkoUK
I ordered mine through the PCWorld site, I take it that both are in stock at both sites?

You can see how much stock (relatively) they have by selecting the quantity. I've been able to pick a maximum of 5 on Currys and only 2 on PC World this morning. I'm sure that updates though.

• 3 months later...
Guest MikhailM
Hello Al,

I'm part of the category team handling Advent Vega accessories at DSG. Proporta have made us a case that is bespoke to the Advent Vega and you will not find it on their website. The products listed on Proporta's site are netbook products which will fit a Vega in the same way our Logik netbook sleeves also fit 10 inch tablets. The branding on this case is Advent and the listing will be changed on Monday. The online setup process is difficult and we have rushed it to get products to market quicker. This is why detail like the landscape stand-mode of the case have been missed and why it is not properly searchable.

We responded to the community's demand for a case as quickly as possible, so apologise for the clunky launch. To give you an idea, the cases landed in the country on Tuesday, we had first pictures on Wednesday, saw the first sample from Proporta yesterday and the first stock arrived at 6pm last night. Keep an eye on #adventvega as we work with the hardware team to release discounts to the Vega community as and when we set them up. There will be a voucher code coming for the Porporta/Advent case very soon as well as the £3 off screen protector code we have already released (PROTECT3).

Hi, Vegaaccs,

Could you perhaps explain, why the Currys web site will not open from abroad? I am in Russia on business and wanted to order the Advent Vega Case with delivery to my UK address, but the site simply does not open, indicating a fault. No problem with Dixons or PCWorld sites, they open fine, but I can't use the CUrrys promotional codes.

You are loosing business! There must be other UK residents, who travel abroad on business and want to order things on-line, while abroad.

MikhailM.

Guest tomolewis

Firstly i like to thank Vegaaccs for posting on the forum he/she is always polite and normally always replies and thus do not want to see the connection between us and DSG lost.

That being said the case is utter rubbish and not fit for purpose as far as i can see........ i returned mine because after less than 2 months of light use it was coming apart and the vega could slide out of it..... and i think on another thread this has happened to somebody.

Vegaaccs please make a neoprene sock type case that fits the vega exactly and make it £9.99

I bought one that roughly fits from ebay for £4.30 ish inc postage.

Guest Kevrae

hey guys in my store we are also stocking a neoprene sleeve that proporta makes with a zip on the side and it fits the vega perfectly (even says comaptible with vega) im not at work tomorrow but will post model and product code on thursday and let you know, i cant seem to find it on the website but its priced at £14.99 so not too bad

Guest cjtkd
just found link in another thread for proporta case here.

Settle down, it FAR from fits perfectly! I bought one of these and it was stupidly tight, I took it back right away and even got someone at CS to try putting the display Vega into it, they too agreed it was WAY too tight. :D

Guest newbe5
would like a voucher a need a case for my vega but im not shelling out 30 quid for it

Don't buy one at all. They are pretty bad cases IMO. I have one at times I wish I hadn't bothered.

Guest ViPaSoft

Hi vegaaccs;

thanks for the codes, great sales support from you and others. Always a friendly service at my local PC World. I used to work for PC World in Hull a good few years ago on Customer Service Counter. Tough Job.

Is there any discount codes available for the dock. £30 is a reasonable price, but no harm in asking.

Thanks in advance.

Vince

Guest premieral
Hi vegaaccs;

thanks for the codes, great sales support from you and others. Always a friendly service at my local PC World. I used to work for PC World in Hull a good few years ago on Customer Service Counter. Tough Job.

Is there any discount codes available for the dock. £30 is a reasonable price, but no harm in asking.

Thanks in advance.

Vince

+1 to that :D

Guest Gavjbrown
Firstly i like to thank Vegaaccs for posting on the forum he/she is always polite and normally always replies and thus do not want to see the connection between us and DSG lost.

That being said the case is utter rubbish and not fit for purpose as far as i can see........ i returned mine because after less than 2 months of light use it was coming apart and the vega could slide out of it..... and i think on another thread this has happened to somebody.

Vegaaccs please make a neoprene sock type case that fits the vega exactly and make it £9.99

I bought one that roughly fits from ebay for £4.30 ish inc postage.

Hi, could you tell me which bit of thr folio case failed. Just so I can take extra care with mine.

Did you return to store or online.

Thanks Gav

• 2 months later...
Guest alsoknownasmum
Hello Al,

Here is another direct link to the case, to help people find it.

New to this so excuse errors. Just purchased Advent Vega and want to buy case. Thought I had made up my mind then noticed there are two listed on Currys etc websites. Does anyone know what the differencess are between the two or are they the same?