will a MIFI dongle work?

Guest BiggerH

Hi BiggerH, I think what u were asking was about MiFi not a usb dongle is that right?

As far as I know, MiFi should be perfect for the Vega as it provides a secured WiFi host - but as omhaigh said a standard usb dongle will not work ;)

I have a 3 MiFi and am assuming it will work with my Vega when it arrives anyway - works with my iPhone, laptop and all Wifi devices afaik.

Guest JingleManSweep
i got one and it works perfect.

Confirmed. Use mine everyday on the train. I have the original white MiFi from Three. Works extremely well and the Vega connects almost instantly. I have security enabled too.

Guest ChocolateRobot
i got one and it works perfect.

I thought 3 coverage was pants?

Only on the basis that I had a contract with them a couple of years back and the coverage was appalling, well that and the random £140.00 bill for phoning the helpline at three in the morning from Hong Kong but that is another story.....

I assume from your comments its better now?

Guest JingleManSweep
I thought 3 coverage was pants?

I suppose that depends on where you are based or travelling to/from. I travel from Ipswich to Cambridge daily and the connection drops out a couple of times during the journey for a minute or two.

I've noticed another commuter using a Vodaphone USB dongle and his dongle is flashing green (e.g. no network or non-3G/HSDPA network) pretty much the entire journey.

However, he may have amazing signal in London and I might not.

I certainly get good coverage in Ipswich, Cambridge and most of the route in between. I've also had a decent signal when I stayed in a hotel near Kings Cross in London.

Guest vertico

Did anyone pair the vega with a G1?

I am trying to use wireless tethering app to share internet .. but vega doesnt seem to want to connect to G1's wifi.. ;)

Guest SilentMobius
Did anyone pair the vega with a G1?

I am trying to use wireless tethering app to share internet .. but vega doesnt seem to want to connect to G1's wifi.. ;)

Is the G1's wireless tethering ad-hoc only, like the hero? If so there is a thread about getting the Vega to talk ad-hoc. BTW the tethering works fine on my Nexus 1 running CM6.1

Guest vertico
Is the G1's wireless tethering ad-hoc only, like the hero? If so there is a thread about getting the Vega to talk ad-hoc. BTW the tethering works fine on my Nexus 1 running CM6.1

Thanks for the info.

For everyone's interest, I have added the thread link where the vega's wireless can be set to adhoc.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-wifi-networks/