Do any of the Gameloft games work ???

Guest nigelpwilson

Guest nigelpwilson

Hi there, sat here waiting for the DHL man to knock at my door.....just wondered do any of the decent Gameloft games work on the Vega, especially N.O.V.A, Sandstorm,Gangstar or H.A.W.X ?? If so which version you guys using ?

Guest warriorscot

Asphalt works, and hero of sparta. NOVA does not in any variation I have tried the Tab version crashes and the others wont fully download the game files. Sandstrom tab version plays but most of the textures don't work so it looks awful and the standard version has screen issues. Assasins creed Ive only tried from the menu but it seems to require the use of hardware buttons to shutdown which the vega doesn't have so I didn't get as far as playing and it may just be a bug and its not full screen anyway.

Ive got dungeon hunter HD to try but haven't yet I might give it a go today at some point.

By far the best gamesloft game on the Vega is Asphalt5 its the only game that doesn't have any scaling or control issues and plays well without making any changes.

Guest shareef2010
Asphalt works, and hero of sparta. NOVA does not in any variation I have tried the Tab version crashes and the others wont fully download the game files. Sandstrom tab version plays but most of the textures don't work so it looks awful and the standard version has screen issues. Assasins creed Ive only tried from the menu but it seems to require the use of hardware buttons to shutdown which the vega doesn't have so I didn't get as far as playing and it may just be a bug and its not full screen anyway.

Ive got dungeon hunter HD to try but haven't yet I might give it a go today at some point.

By far the best gamesloft game on the Vega is Asphalt5 its the only game that doesn't have any scaling or control issues and plays well without making any changes.

which version of asphalt 5 did you put on it? I cant seem to try one which works! Oh and do you have compatibility mode on? Thanks!

Guest warriorscot

Compatibility mode is off. And its the latest version of Asphalt5 for android phones I cant remember which sub version but It was either the one for Droid or galaxy S as far as I know. Its not on the file name on the apk so Ill check it when Im next on my Vega see if I can find the version number. I got sent a big zip of them by a friend to try them out as I didn't want to buy them unless the games actually worked as it turns out 3 out of 5 don't.

Guest shareef2010
Compatibility mode is off. And its the latest version of Asphalt5 for android phones I cant remember which sub version but It was either the one for Droid or galaxy S as far as I know. Its not on the file name on the apk so Ill check it when Im next on my Vega see if I can find the version number. I got sent a big zip of them by a friend to try them out as I didn't want to buy them unless the games actually worked as it turns out 3 out of 5 don't.

Same boat as you mate, trying to make sure it works before I part with my cash! Cheers for the info!

Guest warriorscot

To be honest the games with the best tablet support seem to be the cheaper games not the more big name ones. Most of the other games Ive tried like hugry shark, air control and gem miner all worked perfrectly and of course angry birds works fine which is not necessarily a good thing.

PS Just checked out dungeon hunter: it shows full screen but shows black spaces where text should be. Obviously another texture problem. Its pretty dissapointing considering gamesloft make the equivalent of AAA titles for android that they work so poorly compared to many less advanced games that play perfectly well on the Vega.

Edited by warriorscot

• 1 month later...
Guest Pombolo

Hawx works perfectly on mine, but it s the only one, NOVA not working, Splinter Cell not working, same for Assassins Creed and Real Football, with Dungeon Hunter and Brothers in Arms there s a lot of missing textures but they works.

I just try these games without knowing what sub version they are, sorry.

Guest warriorscot

The whole gamesloft sub version thing is a bit of a nightmare in terms of keeping track of what works and doesn't. They seem to make some versions very open ended in terms of hardware and others very specific rather than doing a general tablet version for android they have a version just for the galaxy tab.

• 1 month later...
Guest nigelpwilson

Sold my Vega in Jan for £300 when they were still rare. Just bought a refurb ipad1 for same price. Difference is like night and day, screen is a million times better on iPad and with cydia etc I can still customise it lots.

Guest Lennyuk

I have (legally) 3 gameloft games on my desire z, can't get any of them to run on the vega even if I hack the IMEI check.

Splinter Cell

Asphalt 5

Modern Combat 2

Guest premieral
Sold my Vega in Jan for £300 when they were still rare. Just bought a refurb ipad1 for same price. Difference is like night and day, screen is a million times better on iPad and with cydia etc I can still customise it lots.

And so why are you posting here?

Guest Minimonkey

So I went to the shop today and got a sandwich, it was nice. :D

Guest stevesilk51
So I went to the shop today and got a sandwich, it was nice. :D

Minimonkey LOL , great response :(

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest nofrills

...and on the flip side, I sold my ipad 32GB on ebay, & purchased a Vega off ebay to replace it, after lots of googling to make sure I wasn't being an idiot :D (I wasn't)...

I have a HTC Desire phone already, with customised Pinky Rom on it, so the Vega was an easy fit - loving it so far.

ipad? - no great loss (and mine was flashed with cydia, & installious also...)

Guest nigelpwilson
And so why are you posting here?

Still interested in the Vega scene ...don't get me wrong it's a great device....let down by a terrible screen !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrArC

Asphalt 5 demo from the Market works for me - but the formatting for the screen is entirely wrong. Looks awful. I have to click about an inch and a half above all the buttons, too, and the top of the screen has a large white bar across it.

However, it is the only game I've tried that works with the Vega's accelerometer. It's not amazing, feels a little slow and poor resolution - but it works, and I could race adequately with it on the track.

I'm using r8 Modaco ROM with Buzz kernel 0.7, don't know if that makes a difference?

Guest Minimonkey
Asphalt 5 demo from the Market works for me - but the formatting for the screen is entirely wrong. Looks awful. I have to click about an inch and a half above all the buttons, too, and the top of the screen has a large white bar across it.

However, it is the only game I've tried that works with the Vega's accelerometer. It's not amazing, feels a little slow and poor resolution - but it works, and I could race adequately with it on the track.

I'm using r8 Modaco ROM with Buzz kernel 0.7, don't know if that makes a difference?

Version 3.1.8 works full screen and plays well.

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest yabbas

Update on this ...

Modern Combat 2

NOVA

and Lets Golf 2

are all working on the Vega, at least the Atrix versions do!

Some have screen offset issues since they were designed for a 960x540 resolution Atrix, but they are playable.

Guest hazor
Now having a lot more success with gameloft games noted as for the "Lg P990 Optimus 2x Star Dop" (Tegra device)

http://www.gameloft.com/mobile-phones/4854...star-dop-games/

Yes. But some games does not work, though optimatus 2x optimized games.

Well working

Asphalt 5

Asphalt 6

Modern Combat 2

NOVA

HAWX

Splinter sell

Not work

Assassin's Creed

: 80% sized screen, touch does not correlate with screen

Shrek Kart : not work