2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Please explain. What would I need to change in my custom kernel to make it run with GingerBread?

The VMSPLIT. It needs to be 3G instead of 2G.

grep VMSPLIT .config

CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G=y

# CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G is not set

# CONFIG_VMSPLIT_1G is not set

It will then not work with the zte roms.

This is not a requirement of gingerbread, it is because the sdk rom is built for 3G VMSPLIT. With source we could recompile everything to use 2G.

The wifi module still works with the modified kernel, so getting wifi working shouldnt be too hard.

I think I already made the necessary modification to libhardware_legacy.so in the rom I uploaded, but some of the other setup hasn't been completed. I'll try to get wifi going tomorrow.

Hm, interesting, so the screen is upside down, but the touchpad isn't!

At least it's a start, something running is better than nothing!

Keep up the good work ;)

teapotb.jpg

Just for a bit of fun, here is an actual photo.

Funfacts: LauncherPro runs, and that nice orange bouncing effect even works in that menu

Linpack score is silly low

ZTE are numpties.

Edited by Rem1x

Guest kallt_kaffe
The VMSPLIT. It needs to be 3G instead of 2G.

grep VMSPLIT .config
CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G=y
# CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G is not set
# CONFIG_VMSPLIT_1G is not set[/code]

It will then not work with the zte roms.

This is not a requirement of gingerbread, it is because the sdk rom is built for 3G VMSPLIT. With source we could recompile everything to use 2G.

Here's a kernel I just compiled with VMSPLIT_3G. Other that that it uses exactly the same settings as the kernel I use in Finnish Fillyjonk so you could use the AR6000.ko from the Finnish ROM. Maybe the screen rotation can be fixed in the kernel. There is some interesting stuff in drivers/video/msm/mdp.h that I might try messing with.

zImage.zip

Guest hecatae
teapotb.jpg

Just for a bit of fun, here is an actual photo.

Funfacts: LauncherPro runs, and that nice orange bouncing effect even works in that menu

Linpack score is silly low

ZTE are numpties.

it's not obvious from that photo that the display is upside down.

didnt stephenhyde have issues with upside down screens building 2.2?

Guest RichBayliss
Here's a kernel I just compiled with VMSPLIT_3G. Other that that it uses exactly the same settings as the kernel I use in Finnish Fillyjonk so you could use the AR6000.ko from the Finnish ROM. Maybe the screen rotation can be fixed in the kernel. There is some interesting stuff in drivers/video/msm/mdp.h that I might try messing with.

Brilliant - it's people like yourself who drive these developments - I take my hat off to you :P

Hope this helps some people who know what they are doing!

I also thought that the screen rotation could maybe be done at the Kernel level - but didn't want to say anything ;)

Guest olionair
it's not obvious from that photo that the display is upside down.

didnt stephenhyde have issues with upside down screens building 2.2?

to make the screen the correct way around the screen driver will need reverse engineering

Guest Matty-p
Its just a modification on the 2.6.29 kernel. The VM split needs to be changed.

Here is the rom. gingerbread-blade-test1.zipback soon

But be warned it really isn't usable.

Flash with fastboot. Wipe data & cache.

Edit. I just fixed adb, so I'm reuploading the rom.

Edit2. Upload finished. Now that adb is working it should be easier to get things going, but the screen is going to be a problem.

56 meg - impressive

once google release 2.3 source and zte .32 source in next couple of weeks while someone reverse enjineers the driver or finds outher solution (hard and a big but i know) this could make for a pretty sweet rom for general use by christmas !

also probably dead end but could we take the display driver from chinese rom?

Edited by Matty-p

Guest jonathonf

It should not be difficult to get the screen the right way up. There will be a flag for the screen's default orientation; remember that you can rotate the screen 180 degrees on CM6 (and any other ROMs that have unlocked that particular orientation). If nothing else it will be a matter of overriding the orientation sensor.

It should not be difficult to get the screen the right way up. There will be a flag for the screen's default orientation; remember that you can rotate the screen 180 degrees on CM6 (and any other ROMs that have unlocked that particular orientation). If nothing else it will be a matter of overriding the orientation sensor.

IIRC, we still have problems with that. Some programs access the screen directly and screw it up... Or something.

Not to mention the touch will still be the wrong way ;)

Guest RichBayliss
also probably dead end but could we take the display driver from chinese rom?

The current 2.2 ROMs are using .32 kernels so not directly compatible. I thought the 2.1 ROMs used the .29 kernel though, so maybe 2.1 drivers would load into this build?

Guest Matty-p
The current 2.2 ROMs are using .32 kernels so not directly compatible. I thought the 2.1 ROMs used the .29 kernel though, so maybe 2.1 drivers would load into this build?
yep my bad meant original no idea why i typed chinese ??!! Edited by Matty-p

Is your source available anywhere? I'm using the source as it came from zte so still has the battery bug and what ever other bugs they included.

I'm hoping the screen rotation can be done in the kernel and I think it can be. That is how it should have been done originally. I played with it a bit last night but didn't get anywhere. I'll have another go after work today.

All of the ZTE roms have rotated the screen with surfaceflinger (the android component responsible for drawing the screen). Without android source we can't do that. The froyo surfaceflinger is unlikely to work.

Guest The-One
Is your source available anywhere? I'm using the source as it came from zte so still has the battery bug and what ever other bugs they included.

I'm hoping the screen rotation can be done in the kernel and I think it can be. That is how it should have been done originally. I played with it a bit last night but didn't get anywhere. I'll have another go after work today.

All of the ZTE roms have rotated the screen with surfaceflinger (the android component responsible for drawing the screen). Without android source we can't do that. The froyo surfaceflinger is unlikely to work.

https://github.com/jvaughan/san-francisco-kernel/

Use the msm_battery from this repo cause it has the battery bug fixed

Guest Matty-p

flashed it very nice but this touching upside down/display upside down could take some getting used to!! and app dra closes for no reason no fc notice or anything and a little slow but still well done its nice

Edited by Matty-p

Guest kallt_kaffe

The attached file assume you are using the latest source (20101123) from ZTE.

/drivers/power/msm_battery.c - fixes the battery not showing current charge.

/drivers/video/msm/* - Some fixes to make it compile and also swap red and blue on tft displays.

/arch/arm/mach-msm/rpc_server_handset.c - Fixes the power button (no need to remap keylayout anymore)

/arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/camera.h - Fix to make it compile (removed a duplicate #endif)

I also have some two more change files that isn't included and it's an acpuclock.c with overclocking and a touchscreen driver where I reintroduced "analogue" pressure. The recent blade kernels reports any pressure as max pressure so some apps that rely on different pressures like the 8pen IME method doesn't work without this hack.

Let me know if you also need/want those files, the reason I didn't included them is that I packed up the attached files before making the touchscreen hack and overclocking is bad for 3D performance so it's something a lot of people would rather do without...

changedfiles.zip