LiveView and Dell Streak

Guest Delskinz

Guest Delskinz

Well here are my experiences of having the LiveView connected to my Dell Streak -

Perfect? no, but very very good none the less. All the features other than the Facebook tile work great (including the weather and 'where am I' plug ins), the Facebook feature doesn't authenticate with my account for some reason......anyone else found this? The devices also seem fall out from time to time but if you leave them alone they soon kiss and make up without any interaction.

Screen is bright, controls are fine, I wear mine as a watch and its light and unobtrusive.

Battery life is OK as long as you don't spend all day on the thing.

Charging port is in a silly place meaning you have to take the device out of the watch strap to charge, but again that's no biggy.

With a device the size of the Streak having the means to interact with it without getting it out of my pocket, bag, back of the sofa is just great.

It will be interesting to see what new plug ins arrive on the Market..........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vinokirk

Delskinz, what ROM are you using? Im using Steves 1.5.1 and I'm having all sorts of problems. The main problem is that when I get it conected and i leave it for a few mins without touching it, when I come to wake the LV back up again, I press the right button and the time flashes off and on again. I have to wake my phone up and enter the liveview app again to get it to work.

EDIT: happens when both Streak and LV are awake too

Edited by vinokirk

Guest Johnston411

mines just turned up and it's doing similar to yours but it reconnects itself most of the time. i'm using steves 1.5.1 as well

i'll try with the stock rom in the next couple of days and see if it's any better.

i think a firmware update for the device is out in january. i'll see if i can find a link

edit: it's borked rotation as well. it randomly rotates without movement so i've set the streak to no rotate

Edited by Johnston411

• 2 months later...
Guest my_u8220
mines just turned up and it's doing similar to yours but it reconnects itself most of the time. i'm using steves 1.5.1 as well

i'll try with the stock rom in the next couple of days and see if it's any better.

i think a firmware update for the device is out in january. i'll see if i can find a link

edit: it's borked rotation as well. it randomly rotates without movement so i've set the streak to no rotate

Hi all, I am considering to purchase the Dell Streak and thinking to use Liveview with Streak. However, I just wonder if I could use LV to read the Contact on Streak and activate phone call via LV? thanks!