Dell new official rom 8-12-2010

Guest jeffrey2000

Guest jeffrey2000

Didn't see it posted it yet here so thought I would give it to u guys:

Dell just released a new official rom... downloading now... it's a 318 rom now (should be an unlocked EU rom)... The page: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A121100 now links to the http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProduc...18_12821_00.pkg which is again 150 MB

I went from Baseband version GAUSB1A121100-EU to GAUSB1A131800-EU (Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf) Build 12821, still comparing...

Do I have to do hard reset before upgrade ? If not, does it keep all apps and setting ?

My phone has 309 installed, it doesn't work for 720P video recording. Does it work on this version ?

Guest chrisrotolo

please keep us posted of any differences compared to other official builds. Thanks.

specifically: Any server redirects in Browser?

or Front cam working on any apps like fring or tango? thanks!

Guest October26
I went from Baseband version GAUSB1A121100-EU to GAUSB1A131800-EU (Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf) Build 12821, still comparing...

Thanks for the heads up, downloading now.....

Guest jeffrey2000
Do I have to do hard reset before upgrade ? If not, does it keep all apps and setting ?

My phone has 309 installed, it doesn't work for 720P video recording. Does it work on this version ?

Well I lost the apps but I backed up everthing with Dell Backup and restore so installing all now with the restore option but my first impression is that is seems the same as the 315 - 2.2 version... But the SD card is still intact as it was before.

Guest ali_alex
please keep us posted of any differences compared to other official builds. Thanks.

specifically: Any server redirects in Browser?

or Front cam working on any apps like fring or tango? thanks!

server redirects it s gone in this build ;)

Well I lost the apps but I backed up everthing with Dell Backup and restore so installing all now with the restore option but my first impression is that is seems the same as the 315 - 2.2 version... But the SD card is still intact as it was before.

My streak has clockworkmod(2.5.0.1) installed, how do I install the pkg ? Seems like it asks for zip file after

I select "update from update.pkg" option. Would rename update.pkg to update.zip work ?

Edited by lchen5

Guest ashdragon

super one click works for root thankfully as Z4 root is both missing from the market and no longer working on this build anyway as reported above

edit: what is likely to happen if we try a Build.prop from an older build?

Edited by ashdragon

Guest toyfreak

I installed this build over the 315 build by downloading the update manually using the link in the first post, going to downloads (from browser) and selecting the file. No problems at all and the browser redirect issue I was having (subscription-based apps could not go to Google for sign-in credential entry) is now fixed. Also, WunderRadio would not play on the 315 build but plays fine on 318 so I guess Dell has fixed a few bugs.

Guest Mark ......
No problems at all and the browser redirect issue I was having (subscription-based apps could not go to Google for sign-in credential entry) is now fixed. Also, WunderRadio would not play on the 315 build but plays fine on 318 so I guess Dell has fixed a few bugs.

*sold* Thanks for telling me/us ;)

Confirmed: Browser is fixed (I'm in Australia on Virgin Mobile)

Edited by Mark ......

Guest bhull521

Went from 1.4.6 > flash fards 309 recovery > update 318 pkg .... everything working quite nicely...no problems so far. SuperOneClick rooted this update. Quadrant is back in the 800's though but it's operating smoothly. Will test some more.

Edit: Fring still not working. Front facing cam works in the cam app but fring does not switch to front.

Edited by bhull521

Guest ashdragon

Any chance someone can go through and add the build.prop fixes into the file from this build? I was getting quadrant scores of 1300-1400 on the previous stock build with one of Fard's Build.prop files.

This new build i am getting only 700-800 ( much the same as the last build before fard's fixes)

I have had a quick look at the file from this build and tried the obvious like changing debug.sf.hw to 1 ( was 0) but doesn't seemed to have helped.

One thing i did notice is the file seems to be a lot bigger than the previous file , but i think it's mostly because the same lines are repeated 2 or 3 times in it for some reason?

Guest bora.it
So now the question is can this update be applied over the 02 2.1 rom?

*edit* nop ;) e

I have no answer but i have the additional question. Suppose if i updated to 2.2 version so can i use my O2 Dell Streak with other SIM card outside UK ?

Thanks... in advance

Edited by bora.it

Guest Wonsanim

Why I can't go in to recovery to try to update from 309 to 318? just reboot again back to 309 after this message "FOTA model name mismatch system will reboot in 30 seconds" (My android system recovery utility still GAUSB1A120621 is this the problem?)

Edited by Wonsanim