HTCsense.com not working, and back panel doesn't fit right!

Guest dwattsy21

Guest dwattsy21

Hi all,

Just got my Desire HD yesterday, so this is my first post on this forum. I have used the forum search, so sorry if something like this has already been posted. 2 little gripes really.

First off the cover ont he back of the phone at the bottom that covers the sim card seems to be a different colour to the rest of the phone, and it doesn't fit perfectly.It seems to be like 1 mil to the right, as it pokes out on one side, and in on the other. Furthermore the seal between the top of the cover and the back of the phone isn't as cllosed as I'd like, you can just about see through to the stuff under the cover.

Second off... I've tried for ages to use HTCsense.com, and it's not working right. All that works is that i can call my phone... not what i was expecting. The location does not work, i jsut get a message saying

“Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder. (even though this is ticked)

Anybody found any of these problems or know how to sort them?

Cheers,

Dave

I'm sending my DHD back for a swap because of the build problem on mine. The aluminium is about 0.5mm thicker on one side than the other which means the sim cover does not fit flush down each side. Early DHDs seem to have had a few build niggles.

Guest dwattsy21
I'm sending my DHD back for a swap because of the build problem on mine. The aluminium is about 0.5mm thicker on one side than the other which means the sim cover does not fit flush down each side. Early DHDs seem to have had a few build niggles.

Have you heard of others with this problem then? The bottom cover on mine also seems to be a slightly different colour. I think orange may have replaced the standard one with an orange branded one. Think I'll take it into the shop on Saturday and get them to swap it. Is htcsense.com working ok for you?

Guest Alsybub

Mine is on Orange and I've had it for about a month now. Seems to be perfect.

The battery cover is a different colour but I thought that was part of the design. It's the first Orange supplied phone I've had which isn't branded in any way. Still keep meaning to check if it is locked.

My sister also has one and her battery cover didn't fit flush. I fiddled around with it for a bit and got it to go on straight. It seemed to be the tiny guides at the top either side that were causing the problem. I pretty much rounded them off with my thumb nail.

Guest dwattsy21

I'm sure it's not meant to be a diferent colour. It's so similar that it looks daft... if that makes sense. Is yours not orange branded then? Mine is, the orange logo is on the bottom cover that covers the micro sd card. I'm really disappointed i always thought HTC prided themselves on build quality...

And what about www.htcsense.com. This is supposed to be such a cool useful experience, but all i can do is call my phone from it, none of the other stuff works!

• 1 month later...

HI there....

I have seen many posts on this htc desire HD back cover issues (fitting and color)....

This is my first smart phone and really not happy about these issues....want to return soon...

Hi all,

Just got my Desire HD yesterday, so this is my first post on this forum. I have used the forum search, so sorry if something like this has already been posted. 2 little gripes really.

First off the cover ont he back of the phone at the bottom that covers the sim card seems to be a different colour to the rest of the phone, and it doesn't fit perfectly.It seems to be like 1 mil to the right, as it pokes out on one side, and in on the other. Furthermore the seal between the top of the cover and the back of the phone isn't as cllosed as I'd like, you can just about see through to the stuff under the cover.

Second off... I've tried for ages to use HTCsense.com, and it's not working right. All that works is that i can call my phone... not what i was expecting. The location does not work, i jsut get a message saying

“Phone finder" is currently disabled. For security reasons, go to your phone to enable this feature in Settings >> Location >> Phone finder. (even though this is ticked)

Anybody found any of these problems or know how to sort them?

Cheers,

Dave

Guest Ollie1132

Lol why do u care so much about a tiny little ill measurement on the back cover? It doesnt even cause a physical problem.... plus htcsense works fine for me. Also it is ment to bea different colour. But i like it the way it is. Since the bit arnd the camera + battery cover matches.

Edited by Ollie1132

Guest LoneThread

@Ollie1132, I believe Orange are making their own back covers and this is the cause of the issue, as the Orange customers keep mentioning that its a different colour!

Guest Ollie1132
@Ollie1132, I believe Orange are making their own back covers and this is the cause of the issue, as the Orange customers keep mentioning that its a different colour!

Ah i c. Mine is from vodafone but i believe its unbranded. The back cover is like 2nm short one side but im use to it can hardly tell.

Lol why do u care so much about a tiny little ill measurement on the back cover?

As a bare minimum I think we should expect a £450 phone to be manufactured correctly.

I swapped my phone due to build quality issues and I'm glad I did - my new one is far far better made - SIM cover, battery cover and the moulding round the camera flash fit perfectly. My old phone was a shambles in comparison.

Guest Ollie1132
As a bare minimum I think we should expect a £450 phone to be manufactured correctly.

I swapped my phone due to build quality issues and I'm glad I did - my new one is far far better made - SIM cover, battery cover and the moulding round the camera flash fit perfectly. My old phone was a shambles in comparison.

Personally i prefer the internal build to the external looks.

Personally i prefer the internal build to the external looks.

Fair point but both elements should be manufactured correctly - if HTC want to be taken seriously then stuff like shoddy battery covers have got to go as they harm the brand.

I am very pleased with my second DHD - everything is as it should be.

Guest Ollie1132
Fair point but both elements should be manufactured correctly - if HTC want to be taken seriously then stuff like shoddy battery covers have got to go as they harm the brand.

I am very pleased with my second DHD - everything is as it should be.

My battery covers got a tiny ill measurement. its like 2 nanometers if tht. Just gotta remember the machines making them arent perfect.

Edited by Ollie1132

Guest dwattsy21

Is it an orange one you had?

I might swap my one too if so

Guest leeston2379

I think the colour difference is due to the Orange sold DHD being a DHD chocolate. Its just speculation has I haven't seen a non orange one but I'm guessing the colours don't match because the orange device is slightly brown in colour (chocolate), and nobody bothered to make matching sim, battery and cam flash panels.