UNROOT HTC DESIRE TO STOCK ROM

Guest blackpatch

Guest blackpatch

I have an unlocked HTC Desire, bravo A8181, which was bought from the Carphone Warehouse.

It was bought unbranded and unlocked, ie, not tied to any network, before I purchased it 2nd hand.

It has been flashed with a custom Rom by the previous owner and I want to return it to the original Rom for warranty purposes.

Problem is I dont know which Rom to use.

The current baseband Version is 32.44.00.32U

The Radio Version is 5.09.05.30_2

The kernel is 2.6.32 - g6a358a9

The build is 2.10.405.2 CL226611

The software is 2.10.405.2

The browser is Webkit 3.1

HBoot is 0.93.0001

Could anyone please help me in selecting which Rom to use.

This is my 1st post, so please be gentle.

I need to restore the phone to Android 2.1

Edited by blackpatch

Guest Chris_J_Lewis
I have an unlocked HTC Desire, bravo A8181, which was bought from the Carphone Warehouse.

It was bought unbranded and unlocked, ie, not tied to any network, before I purchased it 2nd hand.

It has been flashed with a custom Rom by the previous owner and I want to return it to the original Rom for warranty purposes.

Problem is I dont know which Rom to use.

The current baseband Version is 32.44.00.32U

The Radio Version is 5.09.05.30_2

The kernel is 2.6.32 - g6a358a9

The build is 2.10.405.2 CL226611

The software is 2.10.405.2

The browser is Webkit 3.1

HBoot is 0.93.0001

Could anyone please help me in selecting which Rom to use.

This is my 1st post, so please be gentle.

Go here http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category...amp;model=Bravo

and download the file

RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_reease_1428

_signed.exe

Its the Froyo RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility or something!) which will return you phone to complete stock. Note that you will lose all of your settings on the phone but i think your SD card data should remain intact. Plug your phone into your windows PC and run the download. You may need to right click and 'Run as Administrator'

I just used the O2 UK equivalent (for branded phones) and O2 contacted me yesterday to say it was back from return so it seems they never knew about my rooting, rom upgrading etc ;)

Chris

Edited by Chris_J_Lewis

Guest Chris_J_Lewis
Better yet, download 2.29.405.2 as this is the latest stock WWE RUU

Oops, copied wrong one lol.

Yes try this file from the same site!

RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.2_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_151783_

igned.exe

CHris

Guest blackpatch

Thanks for your reply, but the phone came with Android 2.1. The previous owner upgraded to a custom 2.2 Rom. Is this the correct Downgrade Rom I require to restore the phone to unbranded 2.1?

Thanks

Ian

The p

Go here http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category...amp;model=Bravo

and download the file

RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_reease_1428

_signed.exe

Its the Froyo RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility or something!) which will return you phone to complete stock. Note that you will lose all of your settings on the phone but i think your SD card data should remain intact. Plug your phone into your windows PC and run the download. You may need to right click and 'Run as Administrator'

I just used the O2 UK equivalent (for branded phones) and O2 contacted me yesterday to say it was back from return so it seems they never knew about my rooting, rom upgrading etc ;)

Chris

Do you now what ROM it was on out the box? IF it was on an x.xx.405.x ROM you can just flash the RUU I mentioned and you're back to stock. If it's anything else you'll need to find that vendor codes RUU

You don't need to go back to 2.1, so long as you're a stock ROM that is for your device you're good to go...2.29.405.2 is the latest unbranded ROM

Edited by EddyOS

• 2 months later...
Guest gyocol

Can anyone please tell which rom i need for the desire hd. I want to root my phone and try out some custom roms but I want to be shure that I have the stuff to bring it back to original if needed (for warranty).

I'm also new, so i dont know if i'm too much off topic putting my question here.

Thanks in advance!

baseband 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2

softwarenumber 1.72.405.3

• 2 months later...
Guest BrotherDave

Quite new to flashing here also.

On a similiar note, if i wanted to return to stock on Orange branded handset, is this what i'm looking for? Noticed it's and OTA rather than a RUU. I get the OTA = Over The Air which is how i got to Froyo.

OTA_Bravo_Froyo_Orange_CH_2.22.71.4-2.22.71.2_releasevrnkzrd85wxshyvx.zip - http://shipped-roms.com/download.php?categ...rd85wxshyvx.zip

Cheers.

• 10 months later...
Guest ahping

Hi i am ahping i am fist time to play android..i got many problem in here can help me solve the problem?

Now i use the htc desire i donno how to unroot back to original rom and together i don understand how to unroot step , got some people can tell me how to unroot back my phone...

Now i use the MIUI Redefining Android

Model : HTC Desire

Android version : 2.3.5

Baseband version : 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

This is my first post hope got people reply me thanks