De-odexed app/framework directories / optimised app directory

Guest PaulOBrien

I've started playing with hacking my Defy and the first thing i've done is deodexed the build and run the app directory through the MCR optimisation process.

I'm making the results available for anyone to download and play with here - this is for devs only. This is based on Blur_Version_2.21.0.MB525.Retail.en.GB.

• Deodexed app / framework - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 3fe216fb3d81fe4b2ad5232313eb5e29
  • Deodexed + MCR optimised app directory - Mediafire Pro (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: a5599942f201ea2d030dd54a27804e56

More stuff to follow of course! :)

P

Guest dkSpook

DOWNLOADING!

NEEDS MOAR BANDWIDTH PLZ! FASTER! DADDY WANTS!

So uhm... yeah, I've been kinda hoping for an MCR for the Defy since I got mine.

Edit: Any idea if you'll be able to do a full rom/sbf?

Edited by Paul

I'm gonna try and get the bootstrap recovery up and running, then I don't see any reason we can't do a ROM.

Looks like everything is signed on the defy, which rules out proper recovery / SBF?

P

• 2 months later...
Guest onlinejobwork

Hi Paul I am your big fane since time i buy Samsung Omnia, I know its not a new statment for you as so many people are fan of you, well after using/swaping---> Omnia---> XM5800, Iphone 3Gs---> LG Optimus---->Orange SF (still using) Finally Motorola DEFY is one of most impressive phone I have user before and bit more than iphone 3gs its £ 260 phone but Orange SF scrren is bit better and brigher than DEFY, Voice from speaker phone is better than SF, Call quality through earpiece is till better than DEFY but in terms of speed and the qiality true touch screen sensitivity, swype keyboard solid and excellant build which and better bettery life beats orange san francisco

Come to point, Paul can you please explain what the above mention method will do in more detail please, with bit more detail guide, why the forum for DEFY is not going hot like Orange SF? this is superb phone but bery less appealing for no reason, is the above process void warrranty ? how to revert back to original of anything goes wrong?

Thanks

Urvish