HTC Desire Telstra Android 2.2 ROM

Guest luckyruby4

Guest luckyruby4

Hi

I am a newby and own a Telstra HTC Desire, I want to install a un restricted version of Android 2.2 on my phone so as to have free access plus to remove the Telstra crap, my phone is not on a contract and I travel OS a lot, does any one know how and what 2.2 ROM they would recommend?

Plus I have been using my phone for 6 months now and have a load of my own stuff I want to keep, like names, apps etc, can this be done with out starting from scratch and will there be much benefit?

• 4 months later...
Guest loopism
Hi

I am a newby and own a Telstra HTC Desire, I want to install a un restricted version of Android 2.2 on my phone so as to have free access plus to remove the Telstra crap, my phone is not on a contract and I travel OS a lot, does any one know how and what 2.2 ROM they would recommend?

Plus I have been using my phone for 6 months now and have a load of my own stuff I want to keep, like names, apps etc, can this be done with out starting from scratch and will there be much benefit?

I haven't rooted my Desire yet, but have a look at http://www.t-mod.org/ Read the FAQ for why t-mod is the best choice for Telstra users