mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/sdb2

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/sdb2

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdb2

mkdosfs /dev/sdb1

from adb shell...

running this line:

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk1

I get:

tune2fs -Bad Magic number is super-block while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk1

Any ideas?

I realized it had to with the partition names... the adb instructions have them named differently....

so I made the changes....

mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

mkdosfs /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

the mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 occurs much faster....

but I still get the same error on the second line:

tune2fs -Bad Magic number is super-block while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Edited by NoDoze

Guest Wee Thomas
I realized it had to with the partition names... the adb instructions have them named differently....

so I made the changes....

the mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 occurs much faster....

but I still get the same error on the second line:

tune2fs -Bad Magic number is super-block while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Perhaps I'm too lazy - I just used gparted

Guest Wee Thomas

I'm having a weird issue. I used gparted to partition my sd card. Then I completed the update successfully. After that, I setup my launcher pro home screens and configured some app settings. However when I reboot my streak, my home screens and settings are bask to the defaults.

Guest c.russell

im strugglign to get this working with adb

think I might need to buy a card reader.....

these are the commands I used -

adb push perfmod3/system/xbin/mkfs.ext4 /system/xbin

adb shell

cd /system/xbin

busybox chmod -R 755 mkfs.ext4

busybox fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk1

o

n

p

+14G

n

p

t

c

w

mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk1

mkdosfs /dev/block/mmcblk1
there were a few problems with tune2fs and mkdosfs tune2fs moaned about the magic number with the super block... now im not 100% sure how i fixed this... i downloaded a newer version of tune2fs for android as I found a link somewhere that < v1.17 doesnt support ext4 http://www.galaxyroot.com/howto-optimal-ext4-mount-options/ im pretty sure this STILL didnt work so ran this -
mke2fs -S /dev/block/mmcblk1
this WORKED and then allowed the tune2fs commands to work correctly but now i come to think of it that may have written the wrong information as it proably didnt do it for ext4???? I found in google that you can specify ext4 in mke2fs? on the command line? or do I need a newer version of mke2fs? (I actually did the whole process again from the start after restarting and noticing it hadnt worked - tune2fs didnt whinge about the magic number super block second time round???) THEN mkdosfs didnt work (it doesnt exist). managed to find a downloadable version on xda. got that working > ran the command pushed perfmod3 updated perfmod3 using clockwork phone seemed to restart quickly ran an adb shell > mount
# mount

mount

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock6 /system yaffs2 rw,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock7 /firstboot yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/innersd0p5 /cache ext3 rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,commit=9

9999,data=writeback 0 0

/dev/block/innersd0p6 /data ext3 rw,nodiratime,errors=continue,commit=99999,data

=writeback 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:16 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,

uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharse

t=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:16 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela

time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc

harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

#

im not sure at this point where to go to fix it. I checked the permissions of init.d and the file within. all looks good

I can see theres a couple of ext3 devices mounted. but not the "mmcblk1p2" one Steve mentioned

like I said above I actually ran the whole process again. and all the commands worked (tune2fs and mkdosfs) perfectly. but still get the same output from mount as above

Right - anything I missed or did wrong? where should i go now?

Cheers!

Guest LorD CLockaN
I'm having a weird issue. I used gparted to partition my sd card. Then I completed the update successfully. After that, I setup my launcher pro home screens and configured some app settings. However when I reboot my streak, my home screens and settings are bask to the defaults.

I'm having the same problems all day yesterday. Now waiting to get home to play with it some more..

I haven't used gparted

I lose all my adw settings, superiser permissions etc...

Guest ShinyBallBoy
I'm having the same problems all day yesterday. Now waiting to get home to play with it some more..

I haven't used gparted

I lose all my adw settings, superiser permissions etc...

+1 happening to me as well; performance is really good tho, getting 1800-2100 in quadrant on stock oc settings, thanks steve

I noticed stuff like market keeps needing accept of the T&C, also SetCPU FC's every time after waking up from standby or reboot.

+1 happening to me as well; performance is really good tho, getting 1800-2100 in quadrant on stock oc settings, thanks steve

Guest LorD CLockaN

yeah...

I tried everything yesterday, but the settings just doesn't stay remembered....

Yesterday I thought that I'm the only one with the problem.. Hopefully DJ will pinpoint the problem easier now when there are more of us..

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest spences10
methinks i need to play with the script again to fix this, so id suggest people wait a while before trying this

is there an undo button? LOL

i'm joking btw :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
Will it be today so mecan wait or mecan revert back to plain old 1.50 :)

dont know if today, fards is having a look at code for me see if anything obvious jumps out

Guest LorD CLockaN

He'll figure it out as allways..

But how is possible that it works for you??

Maybu you did something you can't remember??

Try yourself with clean 1.5.0 install and perfmod3.zip :) if you don't have anything important on streak LOL

Guest LorD CLockaN

LOL.. don't let your Streak bleed...

Or Guitar in your arms hehehe

edit:

maybe the scripts and code is good, but run in wrong order

Edited by LorD CLockaN

going to give gparted a go... everything looks like it's the right place...just no linux partition....I think those:

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/sdb2

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdb2

...lines ARE needed... DJ LOL :)

I was trying ALL kinds of crazy stuff last night... zeroing out the superblock, formating, fsk, updated versions of files, even tune2fs....nothing worked.... not sure how or why post #56 worked... I'll give that a try too...

...settings not being saved...sounds to me like a permissions issue....readonly somewhere...???

Guest Stephen Hyde
im strugglign to get this working with adb

think I might need to buy a card reader.....

these are the commands I used -

adb push perfmod3/system/xbin/mkfs.ext4 /system/xbin

adb shell
cd /system/xbin
busybox chmod -R 755 mkfs.ext4
o
n
p

+14G
n
p
t
c
w

mkfs.ext4 -F -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk1
mkdosfs /dev/block/mmcblk1[/code] there were a few problems with tune2fs and mkdosfs tune2fs moaned about the magic number with the super block... now im not 100% sure how i fixed this... i downloaded a newer version of tune2fs for android as I found a link somewhere that < v1.17 doesnt support ext4 http://www.galaxyroot.com/howto-optimal-ext4-mount-options/ im pretty sure this STILL didnt work so ran this -
[code]mke2fs -S /dev/block/mmcblk1
this WORKED and then allowed the tune2fs commands to work correctly but now i come to think of it that may have written the wrong information as it proably didnt do it for ext4???? I found in google that you can specify ext4 in mke2fs? on the command line? or do I need a newer version of mke2fs? (I actually did the whole process again from the start after restarting and noticing it hadnt worked - tune2fs didnt whinge about the magic number super block second time round???) THEN mkdosfs didnt work (it doesnt exist). managed to find a downloadable version on xda. got that working > ran the command pushed perfmod3 updated perfmod3 using clockwork phone seemed to restart quickly ran an adb shell > mount
# mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /system yaffs2 rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock7 /firstboot yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/innersd0p5 /cache ext3 rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,commit=9
9999,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/innersd0p6 /data ext3 rw,nodiratime,errors=continue,commit=99999,data
=writeback 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:16 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,
uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharse
t=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:16 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,rela
time,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioc
harset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
#[/code]

im not sure at this point where to go to fix it. I checked the permissions of init.d and the file within. all looks good

I can see theres a couple of ext3 devices mounted. but not the "mmcblk1p2" one Steve mentioned

like I said above I actually ran the whole process again. and all the commands worked (tune2fs and mkdosfs) perfectly. but still get the same output from mount as above

Right - anything I missed or did wrong? where should i go now?

Cheers!

mke2fs wouldjust make an ext2 partition not ext4

Guest c.russell
mke2fs wouldjust make an ext2 partition not ext4

I thought it might....

Saw on google some mention of an ext4 one...

Is it best i wait for bit more testing? Im tempted to have a mess.

How do i confirm it worked?

Guest LorD CLockaN
I thought it might....

Saw on google some mention of an ext4 one...

Is it best i wait for bit more testing? Im tempted to have a mess.

How do i confirm it worked?

Big quadrant scores :)

everything I'm reading up on for ext4 and tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback says that this should work just as well on ext3... going to try to format ext3 and see if the results are same...

ok, this is what I did....

basically I started out with the same instructions...

o

n

p

+14G

n

p

t

c

w

- to make ext3 with journal

mke2fs -j -L userdata /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Then rebooted...

When it got to the desktop is says sdcard unavailable, not formated, ect...

Login to shell:

adb shell

enter:

mount to list all partitions... you should now see....

/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /data ext4 rw ....data=writeback 0 0

So I dunno what in above made it ext4...but it's reporting it is ext4...!?!

at this point I tried to reformat the /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 but it says it's in use by system, can't reformat...

Waited about 5min then did a:

adb reboot

Now...it's taking it's time booting up, like what DJ it should be doing...

I'll let you know the results....