StreakDroid Performance Mod 1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest OrionBG
way the mod works is it uses an ext4 partition on ext sd then creates an ext2 file and mounts it loopback for /data/data folder (sqlite dbs etc) which is where the boost in performance is from

Thanks for the info!

So can't we convert the original DATA partition to EXT4 and create the EXT2 file in it? The main reason for this is (ok 2 reasons):

1. It will allow the user to change the SD card when needed (this fix doesn't allow this)

2. No SD card partitioning will be needed thus making our lives easier :)

Edited by OrionBG

Guest Stephen Hyde
Thanks for the info!

So can't we convert the original DATA partition to EXT4 and create the EXT2 file in it? The main reason for this is (ok 2 reasons):

1. It will allow the user to change the SD card when needed (this fix doesn't allow this)

2. No SD card partitioning will be needed thus making our lives easier :)

3. factory reset will then be borked

4. afaik the internal sd on streak is only class 2 so slowww

Guest OrionBG
3. factory reset will then be borked

4. afaik the internal sd on streak is only class 2 so slowww

The internal SD card is 2GB so it technically is not Class2 (only SDHC cards have Class rating)

I have testes the internal SD card of my Streak (RIP) and it was FAST!!! faster than Class6 card!

nearly 19MB/s Read and around 9MB/s Write

Guest chrisrotolo
The internal SD card is 2GB so it technically is not Class2 (only SDHC cards have Class rating)

I have testes the internal SD card of my Streak (RIP) and it was FAST!!! faster than Class6 card!

nearly 19MB/s Read and around 9MB/s Write

mine too tested and was faster than a class 6.

black ATT locked streak on 1.5.1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Hyde

no its still not stable by any means, and anyone who says the streaks internal micro sd is any better than a class 2 can i have some of whatever drugs your on :unsure:, took me 45 mins to create a 256mb file on the internal sd, thats not even close to class 2 speeds

Guest jayjayn1
no its still not stable by any means, and anyone who says the streaks internal micro sd is any better than a class 2 can i have some of whatever drugs your on :unsure:, took me 45 mins to create a 256mb file on the internal sd, thats not even close to class 2 speeds

Ok cool. Cheers for the update.

Ive got my rum

Ive got my smokes

And now i have 1.5.2 to play with.

Nice one steve.

Edited by jayjayn1

Guest sharptv

hi Stephen, is it possible for you to raise the overclocking limits to 1.6ghz? I really would like to push my streak further and i am willing to bear all the risks. I will be more than willing to make donations if this were to be made possbile . Thank you in advance.