Point and click SCUMM style games.

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

Tell you what I reckon the Vega would be perfect for playing games like "day of the tentacle" and "beneath a steel sky".

Anyone know of any such games for Android?

Tell you what I reckon the Vega would be perfect for playing games like "day of the tentacle" and "beneath a steel sky".

Anyone know of any such games for Android?

I believe there is a version of scummvm for Android, haven't tried it on the Vega.

Guest newcube

Did you manage to get SCUMM VM to allow save games? I installed it plus FOTAQ but just couldn't get it to save my progress... the save button was always disabled :)

Guest rferrett

As well as the main scumm cm build you also have to instsll from the market the specific individual apk build for the game you want. I have only played dott but I can save on that by long pressing the back button which brings up a context specific menu.

Can't get any sound to work so if anyone has had any joy with this and can give me a few tips will be most appreciative.

Ta

Guest newcube
As well as the main scumm cm build you also have to instsll from the market the specific individual apk build for the game you want. I have only played dott but I can save on that by long pressing the back button which brings up a context specific menu.

Can't get any sound to work so if anyone has had any joy with this and can give me a few tips will be most appreciative.

Ta

Yeah, Had the plugin but no joy. Do you get a keyboard up in text boxes? I'll give Beneath a steel sky a go to see if saves work in that.

Cheers

Guest Sir Gash
Cool!

Could you post pictures and installation instructions please?

Download and run the APK from here:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Copy your SCUMM game from your PC CD to your SD card. Run SCUMMVM and select a game, then you're done!

Here is a blurry cam picture of Sam & Max running on the Vega, no point doing a proper screenshot because it should look identical to the PC version. Although I only played the intro, it seems to run perfectly. No lip sync issues or crackly sound like previous versions of SCUMVM, the Vega seems to handle it very well. Not sure how the controls work yet as I'm at work and can't really spend the next few hours getting back into Sam & Max :)

post-797044-1292336423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sir Gash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paraffinbrain

Anyone had any luck with inputting 'i' for inventory within ScummVm? Curse of Monkey Island excellent but I can't find anyway to get an 'i' input. On a phone people have managed to do it by bringing up a search and keyboard with the dedicated button but the search option with Button Savior won't bring up a keyboard. Hmmmm.

Not sure which one to download, can some one point me in the right direction.

Also interested in the monkey island game, would i be able to use the windows version and if so what would i have to do to use them

Steve

you need a PC version of monkey island (called a rom, but not same as the android roms, its just the game file. Its basically a folder with all the game files in - you put it on your sd card! its only about 4 or 5mb for M I one, and about double that for M I 2 lol

you need the actual scumm vm engine - I had to go to the scummvm site for it, as it didn't appear on the market. I think the version I have is called monolithic or something. its an apk, run it from a file manager after putting on your sd card

finally you need the right plug in for monkey island - its called scummvm plugin: scumm and you can get that in the market

works great on my Vega, just the right size.. best of luck xx

Guest paraffinbrain
http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55055/1-1-0-7

Worth tying the above version which is built from the latest code and has a comprehensive config menu. Note the comments though - some install tweaks needed.

Thanks for the pointer - as you say, still some tweaks to do to get it working but they're definitely the guys to follow.

Guest tylordurton

Hi Guys,

I would really like to get ScummVM up and running on my Vega so I can play Monkey Island/Broken Sword etc..

Unfortunately everytime I try and load ScummVM I receive the following error message-

"The application ScummVM (process org.inodes.gus.scummvm) has stopped unexpectedly"

Any suggestions to get around the error message would be greatfully appreciated, I simply installed ScummVM from the marketplace so not sure if it's better to install via SD card (if so could someone point me in the right direction as I have not done this before)

Kind Regards

Tylor

Guest Marshy84
Hi Guys,

I would really like to get ScummVM up and running on my Vega so I can play Monkey Island/Broken Sword etc..

Unfortunately everytime I try and load ScummVM I receive the following error message-

"The application ScummVM (process org.inodes.gus.scummvm) has stopped unexpectedly"

Any suggestions to get around the error message would be greatfully appreciated, I simply installed ScummVM from the marketplace so not sure if it's better to install via SD card (if so could someone point me in the right direction as I have not done this before)

Kind Regards

Tylor

Did you download the core APK from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/?

The APK's on the market enable you to run specific games, but you need to have the core ScummVM installed for them to work.

Guest crockwit

Has anyone managed to save any games ? I can set a Path to a save directory but the two games I have tested (Pajama Sam and Spy Fox) will not save.

Guest adam1330

On Full Throttle if you press and hold the back button, then you get a menu up from which you can save, which works fine with the default settings. The thing I haven't worked out to do is bring up the inventory.

Edited by adam1330

Guest paraffinbrain
On Full Throttle if you press and hold the back button, then you get a menu up from which you can save, which works fine with the default settings. The thing I haven't worked out to do is bring up the inventory.

With the download from Scummvm.org, all the games I've tried work but I couldn't get up an inventory

From the link posted earlier (http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55055/1-1-0-7) Curse of Monkey Island works brilliantly (inventory mapped to vol rocker) but all my other games crash on loading... Still, I'm more than happy with CoMI to be going on with...

Guest adam1330
With the download from Scummvm.org, all the games I've tried work but I couldn't get up an inventory

From the link posted earlier (http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55055/1-1-0-7) Curse of Monkey Island works brilliantly (inventory mapped to vol rocker) but all my other games crash on loading... Still, I'm more than happy with CoMI to be going on with...

Couldn't get that version to work, had the 'error downloading data' message, which I couldn't cure even by copying the folder onto the sd card as suggested.