Is it value for money?

Guest Nel

So at the moment I've got a HTC Hero thats about a year and half old but its perfectly fine.

Its in such good nick that the missus is thinking about letting me get a DHD and she will have the Hero instead of her phone.

I'm not on contract so will buy it sim-free.

Will I notice a vast difference between the two phones and think its money well spent or will I regret it?

Guest johnboyw
So at the moment I've got a HTC Hero thats about a year and half old but its perfectly fine.

Its in such good nick that the missus is thinking about letting me get a DHD and she will have the Hero instead of her phone.

I'm not on contract so will buy it sim-free.

Will I notice a vast difference between the two phones and think its money well spent or will I regret it?

Yes Yes and No

Guest masterpfa
Sweet, I'm sure I'll have loads more rom related questions when it arrives. :)

From what I've seen the Desire HD is the phone to have, having had the HTC Hero before, I know you will not be disappointed.

It's the phone I would have had if my Hero had not gone faulty and required replacing (hence the Nexus 1) a quite a few months ago as my upgrade is due now. I would also choose one over the Nexus S

Massive Yes, definitely Yes, and Hell No. :)

Yes Yes and No

Well took the plunge and ordered DHD 11pm on Monday and it arrived Wednesday morning, and I have to say WOW ;) its freakin sweet.

I managed to leave it on charge instead of taking it to work. Finished work, had a look round it and resisted the urge to temproot / permroot / s-off / clockworkmod for about ten minutes. Ten minutes later found myself cracking on with the rooting etc.

Now the phone is rooted so I can explore the custom roms over the weekend.