Dell Streak Touch Screen Panel Quality

Guest Shadowfactor

Guest Shadowfactor

Hey guys!

Ever since I've owned my streak I've had issues with the Touch panel. It seems pretty flaky and seems dell sorta skimped on the quality of the streak's touch panel.

The screen seems to work whenever it wants too. Sometimes it works perfectly without any sort of flaws. Other time's I want to hurl my phone across the room.

I have re calibrated my screen through recovery. Seems to help for a bit but then the same old stuff happens

The Main Issues I occur with my touch panel are:

-Unresponsive- Screen doesn't respond when touched. Have to pull the battery ( sometimes several times in order to get the screen to respond again)

-Screen Lag.

-Screen Calibration Touching somewhere and it "hits" a different spot.

Thanks for the Input guys!

Guest brokenpixel

Do you use a screen protector? I used to have massive screen issues until I changed the screen protector, now my screen has failed only once and I had wet fingers at the time.

Guest ali_alex
Hey guys!

Ever since I've owned my streak I've had issues with the Touch panel. It seems pretty flaky and seems dell sorta skimped on the quality of the streak's touch panel.

The screen seems to work whenever it wants too. Sometimes it works perfectly without any sort of flaws. Other time's I want to hurl my phone across the room.

I have re calibrated my screen through recovery. Seems to help for a bit but then the same old stuff happens

The Main Issues I occur with my touch panel are:

-Unresponsive- Screen doesn't respond when touched. Have to pull the battery ( sometimes several times in order to get the screen to respond again)

-Screen Lag.

-Screen Calibration Touching somewhere and it "hits" a different spot.

Thanks for the Input guys!

if you use any task killer get rid of him ...and see the difference !

Guest Shadowfactor

I am currently not using a task killer.

I am on Hyde's 1.5.1 Froyo build...

I am Using a Skinomi screen protector, maybe that is the issue ?

Any one have a screen protector recommendation ?

Guest RichB93

I use my phone daily since August and it is subjected to the experiences of a teenager in a college environment; the screen hasn't got a single mark on it! I really think you probably won't need one.

Guest Truenash

Trust me, you won't need a screen protector. My phone still regularly takes a beating from keys, scalpels, etc, whenever I decide to show off the Gorilla glass.

It just doesn't scratch, no need for the protector.

Guest jmhalder
It just doesn't scratch, no need for the protector.

Threw on my included protector from my OB Impact case, It does have problems, seemingly more than before, either way, I wonder if something can be tweaked by Dell in the baseband or if its a physical problem, either way, you should be able to use a screen protector on the phone (even If most deem it unnecessary)

I've never seen a phone that reacts so poorly to having a screen protector on it, iPhone/G1/Droid/etc.

Guest Wonsanim

The only issue I find is like a very tiny calibration problem that consist is in the keyboard when write need to touch the letter or symbol in the left side instead of the middle to have the correct symbol or letter in your screen if not have the letter from the right side :)

My only issue with the touchscreen is the input resolution seems low... For example, if I slowly drag something across the screen, instead of moving one pixel at a time it moves by around five or so pixels at a time. Sometimes makes it difficult to touch small targets and it makes scrolling webpages choppy.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Never used any screen protector on my Streak and never had any issues with response either personally i just don't see the need for one and of course not all screen protectors are as good as each other so f you are having issues try without using a screen protector for a short while and you will quickly know if that's the cause or not.

Marc

Guest Matthias_WL

I don't use any screen protector and have been experiencing issues with the touchscreen from day one (in August). On 1.6 the problems were mainly confined to the keyboard where pressing a "Q" sometimes resulted in registering a "M" or something else on the other side of the screen. Problems were intermittent and switching the keyboard off and on usually solved them.

After updating to official 2.2 this week the problems got worse as in not being able to unlock the lockscreen because the touch wasn't registered. Recalibration worked for three days then the problem occured again. Done another calibration and it works (three days and counting).