The screen resolution is 1024x600.
How to replace your bootlogo:
Create and save your bootscreen as a PNG (if it is smaller than 1024x600, your bootscreen will be centered, transparency will result in the ANDROID boot glare effect)
1. Connect your Vega to your PC's usb.
2. Turn USB Debugging on in the Applications menu.
3. In command prompt / terminal, browse to the directory containing adb-windows.exe (included in Paul's MCR mod), type:
adb-windows pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk /framework-res.apkThis will grab framework-res.apk from your Vega and save it in the directory adb.exe is located.
4. Open framework-res.apk in WinRAR or similar and browse to /assets/images/
5. Replace android-logo-mask.png with your bootscreen and save the apk in the same format, overwriting the original.
6. In your already open command prompt / terminal window type:
adb-windows remount adb-windows shell rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk adb-windows push framework-res.apk /system/framework/7. Reboot your Vega.
My current bootscreen:
If you want to make your new framework-res.apk smaller, you could delete the following files from /res/drawable/:
As far as I can tell, it doesn't mess with the system at all.
Edited by JordanT92, 17 December 2010 - 10:30 PM.