Phone Lost it's data again

Guest Argonaut

Guest Argonaut

Phone working OK, switched it off (fully charged) ... this morning on power up ALL contacts gone, ALL email account settings, filed mail etc. gone (other than gmail)

Apps are still installed.

Phone is ver 2.2 FROYOXXJPO

This is the 3rd time this has happened – in 2 months ! .... It is proving to be a SERIOUSLY unreliable phone ........... is anybody else having similar issues, or is this just me .... in which case I need to think about getting phone exchanged.

In many years with Nokia .. never once had this problem.

Guest Kaiser Chief
Phone working OK, switched it off (fully charged) ... this morning on power up ALL contacts gone, ALL email account settings, filed mail etc. gone (other than gmail)

Apps are still installed.

Phone is ver 2.2 FROYOXXJPO

This is the 3rd time this has happened – in 2 months ! .... It is proving to be a SERIOUSLY unreliable phone ........... is anybody else having similar issues, or is this just me .... in which case I need to think about getting phone exchanged.

In many years with Nokia .. never once had this problem.

I'm almost sure you did something wrong.

Your experience does not prove anything, except the fact maybe that you are not so smart (not enough for a smartphone though).

Take care of your data and take control yourself, I flashed my phone 20 times and still got all my data that's no magic :)

Guest Argonaut
I'm almost sure you did something wrong.

Your experience does not prove anything, except the fact maybe that you are not so smart (not enough for a smartphone though).

Take care of your data and take control yourself, I flashed my phone 20 times and still got all my data that's no magic :)

Thankyou for a completely unhelpful reply.

Not sure how I can have done anything .... phone working.

Normal power off.

Next day normal power on .... all personal data missing .......... I certainly did not do anything wrong, in fact i would have to do multiple steps to delete all that has been lost ... and you could not do all of these without noticing.

Argonaut,

I've had the same problem but it happened because my battery was nearly gone and I had to take some pictures. It blacked out and after battery was ok my stuff was gone.

Not really helpful but at least you know you are not alone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kaiser Chief
Thankyou for a completely unhelpful reply.

Not sure how I can have done anything .... phone working.

Normal power off.

Next day normal power on .... all personal data missing .......... I certainly did not do anything wrong, in fact i would have to do multiple steps to delete all that has been lost ... and you could not do all of these without noticing.

Bad Karma Maybe ?