Any way to auto hide notification bar?

Guest craigb87

Guest craigb87

I've got an LG Optimus GT540 running 2.1, and use ADW launcher which has the ability to auto hide the notification bar, and bring it back with a gesture. This is great but only works on the homescreen. I would like to hide it while I'm using certain apps, so that I've got a tiny bit more room on the screen and it looks a bit prettier. Is there any way to do this if the app doesn't have a full screen mode?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Craig

Guest cablepc
I've got an LG Optimus GT540 running 2.1, and use ADW launcher which has the ability to auto hide the notification bar, and bring it back with a gesture. This is great but only works on the homescreen. I would like to hide it while I'm using certain apps, so that I've got a tiny bit more room on the screen and it looks a bit prettier. Is there any way to do this if the app doesn't have a full screen mode?

Craig

Lanucher Pro http://www.appbrain.com/app/launcherpro/com.fede.launcher

It lets you hide the notification bar, meanwhile you can show it by gesture or desktop buttons

• 5 months later...
Guest maedox

The two above can't read. There's no way to hide the statusbar if the app doesn't support it. Sure you can remove it entirely, but I don't think that's what you want.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Craig

Hi, maedox is right, so I am sorry but the notification bar cannot be hidden in an app unless the app has this feature enabled within the code. It is up to the developer to decide this. Home launchers such as ADW are simply apps that have this feature enabled.

I hope this helps.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki